t1220 trigent lomita emachines
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: t1220 trigent lomita emachines

t1220 trigent lomita emachines

I installed another trigent lomita motherboard in my t1220 emachine because I was having problems with the video and according to emachines tech support the motherboard wan't communicating with the ram. now with the new motherboard tthe system seems to be getting power but is not booting,and the hdd light is not blinking, I am wondering what is the possibility the processor is shot. There was not another processor included with this motherboard. Also could someone help me locate a manual for this motherboard?

There is no manual for this motherboard. I already posted the most helpful site on your other thread.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Could anyone tell me how to identify the processor that is inside this board?

If you can't get the system to boot, you'd need to identify the CPU from markings on it, type number etc (or temporarily fit it to a known good board). CPU failure is rare, double-check that a CPU pin hasn't been broken off or bent up during transfer, and that everything is correctly connected. If you haven't cleared the CMOS memory, try that, as the data it contains could set an unbootable state with your CPU.

cmos

How can I clear the cmos

There should be a 3 pin header with jumper over it in position 1-2. Move the jumper (usually marked jp1) to position 2-3 (with the pc OFF!!) count to 20 and then put it back on position 1-2. The cmos/bios/setup settings should have "forgotten" it's previous settings.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

bios

I have finally made progress with this machine but I am having one last problemI cannot get to boot, I am able to get into the bios and restore the defaults, and it is seing my c drive but I am getting the message " A disk read error ocurred" . Press ctrl alt del to reboot. I trid to reseat all fo the cable

Well, the most likely explanation is that the hard drive has failed. You can download a free diagnostic program from the manufacturer of your drive and test it. You are starting to look like the victim of a power surge that might have damaged several components in your system. Been through any thunderstorms recently?

OMG, even if the BIOS is set to factory defaults, the hard drive will be selected as a boot device. If there were a diskette in the drive, and it were the primary boot device, you would get an error message and the boot sequence would try the next device on the list. The read error message indicates that there is a problem with the hard drive. We just need to know the cause and severity.

This could be the hard drive or it could be the cable or the port of the motherboard itself.

Paul, I'd say that if your drive is correctly detected by the BIOS, then a failure of the mainboard's IDE controller isn't likely. Same with a bad cable. A faulty IDE controller or a bad cable usually means the drive just isn't detected at all, or is incorrectly detected by the BIOS.

Of course, it hurts nothing at all to be sure your drive cable is seated correctly and has no visible breaks, but a drive diagnostic will actually give you indications of most of the common problems. including communication issues with the motherboard and MB controller issues.

I trie dthe drive in another computer and got the sam relsults i can view the contentws of the drive on another computer, when I ty to boot the computer I am uisng to write this I get the same message, I would like to knwo if this drive is going to be bootable again, if there is a way without deleting everything on the drive.

you say you had tried it in other computers. What is the name of your drive?
    you can probably download a harddrive utility to see how your drive checks out.

if you have the same problem on two different computers, the drive is the problem. If you can see the contents when it's not the boot drive, it's time to back up your data quick!