Canon Multipass F50 with Windows Vista?

Thread: Canon Multipass F50 with Windows Vista?

Canon Multipass F50 with Windows Vista?

I purchased a new PC with Windows Vista and found that my Canon Multipass F50 drivers that worked on Windows XP no longer work. Does anyone have a driver that works with Windows Vista? Canon's official reply was that they will not support the printer under Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Welcome to Windrivers dab

Sorry, unless canon writes a driver, there won't be support...unless you want to learn programming or hire someone

However... you can try using one of the native printer drivers to get the printing going. It won't be pretty, but you will be able to print.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

From Canon's website:
    http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...4&modelid=6324

Looks like they've got drivers for every version of Windows except the latest and greatest, Vista. Isn't Micro$oft grand?

In case you haven't already done so, you might try contacting them via one of the links from here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ontactCanonAct

Let us know if you ever get it working in Vista.

Good Luck!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Canon now has a workaround for this problem It's not perfect but it will give you print capability. Set the printer to "printer mode" - press menu, scan, copy and then set twice.Connect to the computer with a parallel cable to LPT1. On reboot Vista should recognize the printer as a Canon BJ S630. If not, you will have to manually add the printer using the above connections and driver settings. You should then have basic printer capability.

Thanks for the info GregD. It does seems that printer support for Vista is pretty poor. And DonJ, you really can't blame MS. Vista was in development 7 years! It had how many public Betas? C'mon! It wasn't as though it was a big secret that Vista would require new drivers.

I understand this with printers that are really ancient, but the F50 isn't a dinosaur. Overall, I guess I just have a very high level of frustration with support in general, and software publishers reluctance to embrace the possibilities offered by 64 bit processors, multiple cores, and multi-threading. Can you say "Fat and Lazy?"