Can't reformat.. Need help

Thread: Can't reformat.. Need help

Can't reformat.. Need help

Im using 2 WD Raptor HD's set at raid 0 with a Gigabyte k8nsnxp-939, fx-53 processor.

When I try to boot win xp from disk and select windows set up, NOT windows repair I get this:

-Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturers supplied diagnotic or set up program.

Set-up cannot continue. To quit, press F3

I'm pretty sure running the 2 HD's at raid zero is causing problems and there's a driver needed. The problem is I'm not sure which one or how to do it, or if I'm even right at all.

Anyone that knows would save me another $125 to reformat this year. I downloaded a norton scanner that cause my computer to run like im using 56k.

You need to run xp setup from cd rom and when it says Press F6 to install SCSI or RAID drivers - press F6 and insert the floppy with the drivers on.

drivers and manuals available here

Are the drives sata or ide?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You need to run xp setup from cd rom and when it says Press F6 to install SCSI or RAID drivers - press F6 and insert the floppy with the drivers on.

drivers and manuals available here

Are the drives sata or ide?
    I'm sure it's sata, but the driver I have doesn't work and I tried downloading one from the link you have. I end up back at square 1 where the only option I have is to press F3 to quit and start over.

I don't think I understand which driver I need out of the dozen they have listed.

The driver and utility CD for the mainboard should be bootable. It loads Linux and includes a utility to make a driver diskette for your SATA controller. Follow the on-screen instructions. After you re-start and boot from the Windows CD, press F6 when prompted to load software for your drive controller, then use the diskette to load the driver.