Dynex DX-UC202 not working with Vista
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynex DX-UC202 not working with Vista

Dynex DX-UC202 not working with Vista

I have Windows Vista installed on my laptop, and bought this USB 2.0 card, and Vista will recognize it, and install the drivers with no problem but it will not recognize anything I plug into the card. I have the newest drivers from the site, and Vista is part of the recommendations for this card. I am 100% certain that this card works, because it works with XP, any help? Thanks.

Well to start working with XP is no guarantee it works with Vista.
    What is the make and model of the card?
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

that would be Dynex DX-UC202 Ferrit

this is a pcmcia card right?

PCMCIA cards often have problems with supplying the right voltage. What usb devices have you plugged in to it? I have to ask as well, what laptop do you have? Vista compatible laptops have usb 2.0 built in...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes, it's PCMCIA. All I tried to plug in was a 2GB thumb drive but I usually have a 2.0 hub installed. It's for my Dell C640, doesn't come with 2.0 and not necessarily Vista compatible
    Last edited by jmoore4294; July 4th, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

ok, if you plug in something a little more simple, like a mouse, does that work?

Vista has some problems with some flash drives - what make and model?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The flash drive was a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB. And yeah, I tried a mouse, and my keyboard to no avail.

Sandisk cruzers do have issues with Vista.

You need to try that pcmcia card in another laptop and see if you get a response to plugging in a device. If not, it is probably faulty.

I have the same problem. My laptop is a sony vaio vgn-sz430n preloaded with vista. I contacted dynex's customer service and they told me that the card is supposed to work with Vista. In bestbuy they told me to download the newest driver in dynex's web page which I did and had the same result...

Welcome to Windrivers DiveDog

What devices were you plugging into the dynex card? Did any of them use U3?

Well, if the card functions in a laptop running XP but not in your notebook running Vista (this is a new laptop, right?) then the Vista driver would have to be non-functional. Otherwise, there isn't any reason why a mouse, etc. wouldn't be detected and functional. Sandisk Cruzers do have problems under Vista, but that is just the crapware they ship on the drive. The second partition is accessible and works with no problems. You just can't run the U3 software. As if anyone wants to anyway.

I have tried all that I can think of. I downloaded the drivers from the website to no avail. The Sandisk Cruzer that I have doesn't have the U3 software on it anymore, I got rid of that. But ANYTHING I plug into this thing doesn't work. When I plug in my Sandisk, the orange light on the flash drive blinks, so I know the card has power to it, but that's all it does is blink.

Sorry you haven't had any more replies... has there been any progress?
    If it functions in a (different) notebook running XP, but not in your laptop running vista, it introduces the possibility that the pcmcia slot requires a driver update or is possibly faulty. This you would need to take up with your notebook vendor.

This just bewilders me, I have exactly the same problem one year after this thread was created. I hope you guys found a solution, this is really frustrating.

Welcome to Windrivers n cruz69
    What pcmcia card make and model do you have?
    Are you using Vista with it?

The card says Dynex DX-UC202 and I am trying it on a Toshiba laptop with Vista. I already downloaded the drivers on Dynexproducts.com and the laptop identifies the card, but it doesnt identify the usb's attached to the card.