Problem with picture quality on the web

Thread: Problem with picture quality on the web

Problem with picture quality on the web

I am using AOL VR and i am having problems with pictures on the web. The quality is really bad. I tried a lot of things and nothing has help. I DEACTIVATE GRAPHIC COMPRESSION, LOWER HARDWARE ACCELERATION, THEN SET COLORS TO 16 BIT and it didn't work. I did a quick restore and it didn't help the picture quality. I CLEAR THE AOL© ARTWORK DATABASE AND CLEAR FOOTPRINTS, DELETE CACHE, COOKIES, RESET WEB SETTINGS, AND SET DEFAULT LEVEL, SET FONT SIZE, NEVER COMPRESS GRAPHICS, ASSOCIATE AOL, and CLEAR THE WEB BROWSER CACHE AND REBUILD THE AOL® ADAPTER. I don't know what else to do to help improve the picture quality on the web. I am very angry with it. You know any thing else I can do to fix the picture quality on the web? THANKS

Can you describe how the picture looks to you?

for example, please describe what you see with this pic

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I am not sure whether this is for all graphics you view on the net or just ones you upload but for creating graphics or uploading do not use gifs on the net as they have 256 colors and look speckled on the net. Especially on LCD monitors.

Are you saving them as .art files? If you are saving them as AOL's .art files change them to JPG"S..

A lot of animated advertising and advertising is done in gif format on the net and it looks gross and will keep people away from the product (if they can't get pic quality right hows their business?)

I looked for an example and found one on Perezhilton http://img.blogads.com/877159262/img.gif
    I know its a girl in a bikini but its a horrid bad quality pic and its a gif.. Is this how your pictures are turning out?

I made lots of websites years ago using gifs and now that we all have LCD screens I am ashamed of the quality of the work.

If you are going to use gifs quite often I will stick them into photoshop and stick a plain colored background layer on them.

With jpg's I save them in photoshop as 5 or 8 quality. For my artwork and photo's I save them in 12 maximum quality.

I know you have said you never use compression but this following article may help. http://www.worldstart.com/tips/aol-t...rve-grphcs.htm
    f you browse the web with AOL, you know that sometimes graphics just don’t look so purdy. Never fear! I'm here to show you how to turn off the built in image compression. AOL says this image compression helps images download faster. Blah! This may be, but a typical human can't see any significant difference in speed between having compression on vs off. In fact, the only thing this Image Compression seems to be good at is converting nice looking graphics and photos into something that appears to have gotten messed up in Captain Kirk's transporter. Sometimes it prevents server-based graphics from reaching you at all (ever wonder why you get red Xs all the time?)
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviS
    THEN SET COLORS TO 16 BIT
    You need at least 24 bit for photo grade graphics to look right, color-wise - most modern video hardware uses a 32 bit setting.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaviS
    I am using AOL VR <snip!> fix the picture quality on the web? THANKS
    Well, first thing I'd suggest is that you check your AOL settings and make sure you're not using some sort of "Internet Accellerator" or similar software since these will always toss picture quality in favor of speed.

the pictures i see on the net or blurry and fuzzy

From all sites? What about the picture shown above?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

yes they are blurry on all sites i go to

What about the text, is that sharp and clear?

A long shot
    If you are using Internet Explorer
    Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Scroll down to "Multimedia" and Check the "Smart Image Dithering" checkbox.

Just a thought,
    Gabriel
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

The words are clear as can be but not the pictures. They are blurry and fuzzy. I am using aol vr.

connect with aol, then use internet explorer or firefox to view some sites, are the pictures any better?

Can you post a screen shot of what you see?