Another Code 10

Thread: Another Code 10

Registered User QwertySquirty86's Avatar

Another Code 10

hello i have a dell d600 laptop and i recently reformatted it and installed the drivers they gave me on a cd. I then installed Sprint Mobile Broadband Card Novatel Wireless Merlin S720. When i inserted Sprints wireless card into my laptop i hear the ding saying it detected it and the LED on the card show green. I then opened up the recently installed Sprint PCS Connection Manager and it says Insert Card, so i then go to device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks and sure enough there were 2 and they had the same name...Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller. I spent a day googling drivers and going to forums in hope of stumbling onto a thread that had a fix for my problem but nope no luck there so i decided to register and post. I also went to dells site and plugged in the service tag to see the updates they had...but none looked like what i needed so i went to there technical support chat to talk to one of their technicials. They told me it might be a IRQ conflict but when checking it reads that its not using any resources so im not sure if its a IRQ...im thinking i need a driver or update..which i did do a Windows Update. I just hope someone can help me fix this issue because i dont want to sit here at my internship for a wk looking up drivers and goin on to tech forums hahahahah when i could be ripping apart pcs. thanks

Uninstall both in software, reboot and detection should occur properly.

You may need to reinstall the intel mobile chipset drivers first, then reboot then do the uninstall and detection.

There is also a bios update you may wish to consider, the history of fixes is quite long and a few have to do with various usb functions.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

well do you think if i update sprint pcs connection manager perhaps itd fix this? when i insert card thats the only time i see yellow exclamation marks. i uninstalled and reinstalled 20 times now...dell had me go to safe mode take out card uninstall and then reinstall.

Did you install the chipset drivers I recommended?
    It defines how the usb works with the motherboard - you should get a better result after installing the chipset drivers.

And yes, it's possible that the sprint pcs connection manager has an update that may address this issue... but that is no reason not to install the chipset drivers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yea I installed those drivers...I checked another laptop and its doing the same thing when you insert the Sprint card so i think its more a driver. Im not sure yet but i think its a driver that connect between pc and this program that i installed from sprints cd. I was reading and it said go to the cd look for the driver folder and there should be a winxp folder..well i dont see it. so now im hopin that the problem only thing is...i googled and all i find are just tutorials ha no downloads.

Here is a link to the sprintpcs site for driver/pcs connection mgr software. Just select windowsXP, version shows 3.08.029, 04/02/2007. Maybe this is a newer version. Hope it helps

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/s...alId=downloads

G

do you think goin there and getting that 3.08.029 will fix my problem? i mean i can do a print screen and send it so you guys can see what im looking at...maybe that would make it easier. ughhhhhhhhhhhhh its frustrating....tried everything and now im working on this other laptop that just had dells technician come in and fix the mobo...and well its doin the same thing as the other laptop so i either installed something wrong or still need a driver. so confuzzled

So get the updated version of the software and see if that fixes it. If not, it looks like the card is faulty.

My supervisor just gave me another card and....it worked. thanks for the help guys i would give you a 5 out of 5 if there was a vote thing

Glad to help