Gunz Online. (im a little desperate)

Thread: Gunz Online. (im a little desperate)

Gunz Online. (im a little desperate)

Ive been looking for help a long time and i dont know if this is the place to ask. I play this gme called Gunz online, by Ijji. A few months ago i played it perfectly with no problems. But recently When i downloaded it again, When i start the launcher the game tells me I need to have DirectX9.0c or higher installed to play. And this is weird because i already have directX9.0c installed. People told me to disable startup items and then reboot because one program might already be using directX. I tried that and it still didnt work. Then they said that either the directX version i had was bad or my video card needed to be updated. I re-downloaded direct X, reinstalled it, and still the same problem. Then I went to my video cards website (which is Sis) and downloaded the newest driver for my video card. It didnt work. A friend told me to check the diagnostic tool, Start>run>dxdiag, and click on the files tab and see if any of them were bad. Which 2 of them did in fact have a yellow exclaimation point, next to them, and it said the files where old. So my friend downloaded the same directX from the same exact place I had got it, then he checked his diagnostic tool and there was no bad files. So if anybody knows why this is then please reply. And also, I played the game about a month or 2 ago on this PC and it ran perfectly. But i tried to install an ATI graphics card about a week ago and it didnt want to work, (installed driver and all) so i deleted the driver like 2 days ago because it was for the ATI card, and I didnt need it. My SiS card is internal, with the motherboard.

Welcome to Windrivers ninja of(daroms)

What motherboard do you have?
    Has the Gunz game been updated?

Sometimes you get errors that have nothing to do with the real problem.
    Have you cleared out all your temporary internet files?
    Have you redownloaded the plugin that ijii seems to insist on?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

ninja_of(daroms), did you delete the ATi drivers or uninstall them?

You could try installing Driver Cleaner Pro, uninstalling both the ATi & SiS drivers, boot into safe mode and use Driver Cleaner to clean out the ATi & SiS drivers. Then boot back into normal mode and install the drivers for the video card you are using.

You may be having a conflict between leftover driver files.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!