Metatags, Tags, Keywords

Thread: Metatags, Tags, Keywords

Metatags, Tags, Keywords

I read somewhere by using metatags, keywords and tags you can get banned from google and yahoo search engine and they are watching very closely for this. Is this so?
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

I think the advice often given is that can happen if you misuse those rather than just use them. I guess the best approach would be to follow the guidelines from the search engine providers themselves, e.g:

http://www.google.com.au/support/web...y?answer=35769

If some of the recent searches I've done on Google are any indication, "abuse" of metatags et. al. doesn't appear to be a major concern for Google unless it generates ad revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus
    I think the advice often given is that can happen if you misuse those rather than just use them. I guess the best approach would be to follow the guidelines from the search engine providers themselves, e.g:

http://www.google.com.au/support/web...y?answer=35769

I think if everyone followed these guidelines we would have a much safer surfing experience so I guess google isn't really on the lookout for this kind of thing. I would just like my site to come up if they type in my city for computer repair. I'm not worried about the whole world seeing it. It's funny how most of my hit's do come from somewhere else however.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

I'm told that if your keywords don't appear somewhere else on the site, in the content, that Google will ignore them. I haven't been able to verify this.