I have searched and searched for the driver or fix for this problem and haven't been able to find it on the internet. Luckily persistence pays off!

The problem is the newest driver Microtech released was for 98 and 2000. Neither of these drivers install on XP, and for the longest time I've had to transfer files on my older computer and then copy them to an external USB hard drive to put them on my XP computer.

To get it to work on XP, this is just by luck of screwing around, I did the following:

1. I downloaded the Win 2000 driver and unpacked and ran set up.
2. Computer reboots
3. Turned on the Iomega Jaz Drive and nothing happens...Shut it off
4. I right clicked C:\Program Files\Microtech International\USB-SCSI\Emiscsi.inf and clicked install
5. I turned on the Iomega Jaz Drive and then the cable lights up and Windows detects it, then it detects "USB Mass Storage Controller" -- which is the problem.
6. An error occurs with the USB Mass Storage Controller

I tried uninstalling and disabling the USB Mass Storage Controller and without it the cable is not lit up.

So....

7. I right click on "My Computer" and Click on "Hardware" Tab and then click on "Device Manager"
8. This brings up a window with all the installed drivers that are running
9. Go down to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (make sure the View menu at the top is selected to Devices By Type).
10. You should see the "USB Mass Storage Controller" with a yellow sign on it.
11. Double Click or Right Click and hit properties
12. Click on the "Driver" tab
13. Click "Update Driver"
14. Select "No" to letting Windows Automatically Search, do the search manual
15. Click "Install from a specific location"
16. Click "Don't Search, I will choose the driver to Install"
17. Click "eUSB SCSI HD50" or HD25

Your done.

Now if the eUSB doesn't come up, try to find the file manually. It should be in both C:\Program Files\Microtech International\USB-SCSI\EUSBSCSI.SYS and C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\EUSBSCSI.SYS

Also note Windows will say the device is not digitally signed - You will have to proceed to have it work.

I hope these instructions helps someone, I know people have purchased these on e-bay and other people have updated their systems and find they can't use it anymore. Maybe everyone has replaced them but me :-)

If anyone can simplify the steps, please do so. I'll try to check back to answer any questions if anyone trys this out.