XP SP2 on HP - Don’t know how to use n lite software please help

Thread: XP SP2 on HP - Don’t know how to use n lite software please help

XP SP2 on HP - Don’t know how to use n lite software please help

Few days ago I bought a brand new HP notebook core duo processor (HP 530 notebook) and I'm still hard working to install Windows XP SP2 on its harddrive.
    Very frustrating!
    When I try to install Windows XP I always get an error that a .sys file is corrupted (each time a different file). I think that both the harddrive and CD drive are good since Linux was previously installed on it.
    I got a recommendation to add the HP drivers trying to edit the Windows XP CD installation kit with a free software called n lite XP editing software.
    I'm looking for a decent solution without any nlite or other 'windows configuration tool' suitable for a new notebook and a non computer person.
    I have to mention that I didn't receive any drivers CD together with the laptop.

XP drivers are here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=1093

The first boot issue to resolve would be whether that Sata drive needs Sata drivers installed or if Bios accepts operation as IDE as a default or needs to be changed, etc.

Read your manual.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
    Can you determin your HD manufactures brand / with other OS installed you should use HD installation disk... delete all partitions then select prepair your HD for OS install, then use your XP disk install your XP OS.

HP support mentions your lappy ships with Vista.. HP factory disks are usually not that expensive is another option.. HP ships out factory disks withing aprox. week or sooner.

XP OS disk should install on sata drives with no problem.

The good news is that the hard disk was ok and now I have my laptop working. It was a driver problem now solved with a custom windows made with nlite with the help of a friend and some supplementary money. I chose the cheapest hp laptop, maybe for this reason the drivers were provided by internet and not with a disk ready to be used. Thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by a.tim
    I got a recommndation to add the HP driver trying to edit the Windows XP CD installation kit with a free software called n lite XP editing software.
    I'm looking for a decent solution without any nlite or other 'windows configuration tool' suitable for a new notebook and a non computer person.
    I have to mention that I didn't receive any drivers CD together with the laptop.
    If you had the same bad luck with hp and windows vista, instead of nlite which cannot handle vista, vlite free vista setup drivers integration software can save you but only with additional money spent for a guy who know to use it, so better watch out before you buy, many times cheap can mean expensive later.
    Last edited by a.tim; February 6th, 2008 at 03:19 PM.

How to use nLite

I have used nLite to integrate SATA drivers on Windows XP for a Dell and an Asus notebooks. Maybe this short how to integrate SATA drivers on Windows XP guide will be useful for other people.