HP Deskjet 5940

Thread: HP Deskjet 5940

HP Deskjet 5940

Have Hp Deskjet 5940 printer which I used for a while on a home built computer using Windows XP Pro for sometime. I built a new computer easily powerful enough for Windows Vista (athlon 64X2 +5000, 4 gig ram, 2 Radeon X1950 video in Crossfire. and 1 TB of storage. All went well until a week ago when the printer software began to pop up a Printer Maintenance tip which which says that since the printer sprays ink you will occasionally need to clean it with a wipe moistened with water. Can I just kill all HP software autostart with MSConfig and get rid of the problem? by the way I am now retired, though I've been playing with computer as a hobbyist for 30 years and go back to CPM boxes with S100 buss such as the Compupro which was built like a tank! It doesn't seem that long! time does fly. thanks in advance.
    Jim Cook

Short answer yes... but it will load that software (probably) when you want to print something. I personally kill printer software loading from msconfig for people who only print occasionally since it improves the start up time and I would rather wait an extra 30 secs when I actually want to print than wait an extra 30 secs every startup.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."