When in Texas... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When in Texas...

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I'm going to Dallas on Friday for a wedding this weekend. I would print out that list but they would probably all think I'm an idiot for needing it. The "fixin" thing always cracks me up. The other thing I think is funny is how they use Coke.

Waitress: Can I get y'all a Coke?

My Texan friend: Yes, I would like a Coke.

Waitress: What kind?

My Texan friend: Dr. Pepper.

They use the word Coke as if it is synonymous with soda or pop.
    Ya know, everyone says that about Texas, but I NEVER F#CKING HEAR ANYONE HERE SAY IT. I have to wonder where all those people are? Sure, Texas is big enough to be like five seperate states, so maybe its a limited regional thing.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

Don't forget when in the area of Oklahoma we don't measure distance in miles but time it takes to get there. (I still have a hard time with that here in PA). Examples: Question "How far is Tulsa from Okmulgee?" Answer "About 45 minutes" Question2 "How do you get to Henryetta from Okmulgee" Answer2 "Take 75 South for about 20 Minutes"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste
    Don't forget when in the area of Oklahoma we don't measure distance in miles but time it takes to get there. (I still have a hard time with that here in PA). Examples: Question "How far is Tulsa from Okmulgee?" Answer "About 45 minutes" Question2 "How do you get to Henryetta from Okmulgee" Answer2 "Take 75 South for about 20 Minutes"
    That's why we don't have a problem with Han Solo's claim about the Millenium Falcon in the first Star Wars movie.

Here is where we separate the Yankees and Carpetbaggers from the Real Southerners: http://www.alphadictionary.com/artic..._advanced.html

Y'all try it and see on which side of the Mason-Dixon you stand.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Well, since the subject of BBQ came up, I can't resist some comments. Biker Chick, what y'all have in NC actually isn't BBQ; it's pulled pork. Don't get me wrong, its delicious, it just isn't BBQ. BBQ is what we do in Texas, and we barbecue most anything: Beef (brisket, ribs, shoulder, steaks, prime rib, the whole head), goat, pork (tenderloin, chops, & ribs, but we try not to step on NC's pulled pork franchise), and sausage (in it's own class 'cause who knows what it contains).

And, Fatal, sorry bud, but Cooper's, while mighty tasty, isn't BBQ either. It's grilled. BBQ is only BBQ if it's cooked by indirect heat with a wood fire. Naturally, that means those powered, rotisserie thingies don't count either. Nope, gotta be fire at one end, meat at the other and a duct in between.

Wow you know we forgot some really nice features we take for granted seeing in the midwest. OK well they're not features and I'm not sure how nice this is. Be prepared to see farm equipment and even riding lawnmowers on the road ways. (Yes for some of these people it is their car) Also this one is funny this was very common in Okmulgee. A lifted truck, with off road tires, chromed roll bar, tinted windows, a dixie flag plate, and bumping with lots of bass country music. I guess we should be grateful there wasn't spinner rims and hydrolics on it.

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    That's why we don't have a problem with Han Solo's claim about the Millenium Falcon in the first Star Wars movie.

Here is where we separate the Yankees and Carpetbaggers from the Real Southerners: http://www.alphadictionary.com/artic..._advanced.html

Wow! Squid I tried that test and...........100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

I would have never thought it.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

'Nope, gotta be fire at one end, meat at the other and a duct in between.'

Failed at that.

Made the fire, spitted the ribs, but the damned duck kept blowing out the flames!!!!

[QUOTE=Biker Chick]
    I think I have found a practical guide for anyone planning to visit, or move, to the Lone Star State.

ADVICE FOR ANYONE MOVING TO TEXAS

QUOTE]
    Gees!! if you had not written ADVICE FOR ANYONE MOVING TO TEXAS, I would have thought you were talking about NORTH CAROLINA. Those are the same rules that apply to us. I guese that is why we are called Southerners. Think the only difference is you guys have Beef BBQ and here in my area of N.C. we have Pork BBQ
    yeh and you put vinegar in your BBQ sauce...WTH is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT
    'Nope, gotta be fire at one end, meat at the other and a duct in between.'

Failed at that.

Made the fire, spitted the ribs, but the damned duck kept blowing out the flames!!!!
    Wealy quacked me up!

100% Southern. I took your Southern Test El_Squid--Biker Chick

Nice to see there are quite a few true descendants of Dixie on WD.
    How y'all are? (More of a Cajunism, I know. But, I was a huge fan of Justin Wilson, RIP, and couldn't resist the quote! )
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

[QUOTE=geeksRus]
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker Chick
    yeh and you put vinegar in your BBQ sauce...WTH is up with that?
    Your right about the vinegar in BBQ sauce here in NC. It just gives it that extra "twang". They use this sauce to baste the meat while it is slowly grilling in big BBQ pits. There's a restaurant close to me and they have a big building seperate from the restaurant they do this in. They have that much business and also do alot of catering. You can't taste the vinegar in it. At least, I can't. It's a Southern thing to add sugar to iced tea to make it sweet and then to add lemon to give it a sweet-tangy taste.