Audio Drivers for HP Pavilion Computer

Thread: Audio Drivers for HP Pavilion Computer

Post Audio Drivers for HP Pavilion Computer

I hope someone can help me with my sound problem....I bought a HP Pavilion
    6745C computer from an auction. It came with no OS. So I installed my windows 98 and tried to install the drivers by downloading them from Creative Labs web site. But it was unsuccessful since it is asking me all kinds of dll, vxd and exe files which I don't
    have. There is no separate sound card for this computer and it is all integrated into the MB. The MB usese intel810 chip set for video (I down loaded the video drivers from Intel and installed with no problems).
    When I checked the HP site for the specifications for this computer on HP site says the following:

Compatibility: 3-D stereo, PCI, 16-bit sound
    Controller: AMC97 codec

After reading stuff from the forum I figured what I have is creative labs sound balster PCI 128 sounds and then I downloaded
    sbpci128setupus.exe and p128w9x.lib and ran the first file. It looked like it was doing something and prompted me to restart the computer. After that when I checked under device manager I still couldn't see any
    audio drivers installed. I opened the control panel and tried to manually install the sound blaster PCI 128 driver and then it started
    asking me all those files. Now I am lost. What am I doing wrong?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gamini

You have a Crystal audio chipset according to HP, On a similar post from someone else we researched it and found that this particular 810 chipset motherboard is not made by intel so the creative drivers do not apply. You will have to use the Crystal drivers from www.hp.com/cposupport/mobile_computing/software/audio.exe.html these drivers are for win 98. There is also a bios update available that will automatically disable built in sound when a different audio card is installed in an expansion slot at http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport...72&l=en&c=BIOS
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov

Hello Silverman,

Thanks for the response but that didn't do it. I still have no sounds. All idea are
    appreciated...

Gamini

You may have to take the cover off of the computer and have a look to see what numbers are on the crystal audio chip and try the generic drivers.
    Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
    Peter Ustinov