I hope someone can help me with my sound problem....I bought a HP Pavilion
6745C computer from an auction. It came with no OS. So I installed my windows 98 and tried to install the drivers by downloading them from Creative Labs web site. But it was unsuccessful since it is asking me all kinds of dll, vxd and exe files which I don't
have. There is no separate sound card for this computer and it is all integrated into the MB. The MB usese intel810 chip set for video (I down loaded the video drivers from Intel and installed with no problems).
When I checked the HP site for the specifications for this computer on HP site says the following:

Compatibility: 3-D stereo, PCI, 16-bit sound
Controller: AMC97 codec

After reading stuff from the forum I figured what I have is creative labs sound balster PCI 128 sounds and then I downloaded
sbpci128setupus.exe and p128w9x.lib and ran the first file. It looked like it was doing something and prompted me to restart the computer. After that when I checked under device manager I still couldn't see any
audio drivers installed. I opened the control panel and tried to manually install the sound blaster PCI 128 driver and then it started
asking me all those files. Now I am lost. What am I doing wrong?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gamini