No one seems to be able to figure this out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No one seems to be able to figure this out.

No one seems to be able to figure this out.

Processor Manufacturer: AMD
    Processor Type: Athlon 64 3400+
    Processor Speed: (same as Frequency? if so) 2200Mhz
    Operating System / Service Pack: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    System RAM: Physical Memory :1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
    Video Card Manufacturer: ATI
    Video Card :ATI Technologies Inc ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP
    Video Card RAM: 512 MB
    Video Card Driver Version: Catalyst (not sure how to find what type)
    Sound Card Manufacturer: SoundMAX
    Sound Card Model: (not Sure how to find this)
    Sound Card Driver Version: (Dk how to find)
    Current Sound- SoundMAX Digital Audio.

Under display-
    Drivers-
    Main Driver- Ati2dvag.dll
    Version- 6.14.0010.6719
    date- 8/22/2007
    Mini VDD- atimtag.sys
    DDI version- 9 (or higher)

Sorry anyone who reads this, I’m not terribly computer savvy so I’m not sure how to locate some of the information, just tell me if I need to post any other information here. Thanks.

Problem- During gameplay at random intervals my game/computer will crash. It is typically during battle but has happened in town. It doesn't even seem like the game locks up, all that happens is my screen goes black I hear my computer go "click" and the system restarts. I have had this problem before and thought that it was related do to the overheating graphics card i had at the time. But recently I went out and bought a new card just to test this and it still happens. This issue has not happened on any other game, I tested CounterStike and World of Warcraft and both work flawlessly. I thought it might have been an overheating problem, partially because my old Radeon 9800 fried itself, but that was do to the fact the fan on the card failed, not poor circulation. I have downloaded a few programs to monitor heat and the typical temp on the processor (when I’m gaming) is around 52C and the mainboard temp is about 10 degrees cooler. The Graphics card temp is around 35C when I’m not gaming at around 45C when I am. I’m not exactly sure what the “safe” temp is, but one of the programs I have said it warns you if your computer is getting to hot.

Also on a side note- I was also considering that it might be a soundchip issue, do to outdated an outdated driver or something. I have been looking around all day trying to find something or someone who can help me figure out how to check this and how to fix it.

Anyone have any ideas? I have been asking around for along time and so far no one has been able to figure out what it is. So if you manage to fix this, you are a god among men lol. I’m dieing to get this fixed. I really appreciate any ideas you can throw my way.

Hard Disk
    Number of Hard Disk- 1
    General info- SMART: Version 1.1
    Other Info- IDE channel- Master Drive
    - Size: 160 GB
    -Cache: 8.192 GB
    Partitions
    -Hard Disk #1 :Partition #1 (149 GB)

CD Rom Drive-Info
    -IDE Channel: #2 Master drive
    -Manufacturer- Sony
    -Model- Sony RW DW-D22AReading CD-Rom :125x (22160 KB/s)
    -Reading DVD-Rom :40x
    Writing CD-R : 125x (22160 KB/s)
    Writing CD-RW : 76x
    Writing DVD-R : 26x
    Writing DVD-RW : 12x
    Writing DVD+R : 26x
    Writing DVD+RW : 12x
    Writing DVD+R DL : 8x

Physical Memory :1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

Fans-
    Chassis Fan :2481 rpm
    Processor Fan :3426 rpm
    1st fan located at the front of my computer sucking air in
    2nd fan is in the back blowing outward- Located about 5 inches higher then the 1st fan

Exact info from the power supply case

- Model : DX-PS350W Ac input- 115/230v-, 60/50Hz, 7/4A
    Fan controlled ATX12v Power supply
    DC Output Wats- 35W, +5v,3.3v: 210W
    (All that info I got off of PCWizard 2008)

Anything else i can give you?

And system Requirements for the game

System Requierments-

OS- Windows XP
    Processor- intel pentium 4 2.0 GHZ or AMD athlon XP 2000 or equivalent
    Mem- 512 MB RAM
    Hard Disk Space- 5.5 GB
    DVD Rom Drive- 4X speed
    Sound- WIndows XP- Compatible sound Card

Welcome to Windrivers Savassan

I would look at your power supply... 350w is a bit light for your hardware and what motherboard have you got... is a 24 pin connector to the motherboard or a 20? If it's 24, are you using an adapter or does the 24 pin connector break into 20 and 4 pins?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Savassan

I would look at your power supply... 350w is a bit light for your hardware and what motherboard have you got... is a 24 pin connector to the motherboard or a 20? If it's 24, are you using an adapter or does the 24 pin connector break into 20 and 4 pins?
    Im Using an Asus K8N-E Deluxe
    its a 20 pin connector

That motherboard has 20 pin and 4 pin 12v ATX connectors.

The manufacturer apparently recommends a 400 watt psu - the card itself doesn't have an extra power plug requirement.

per:
    http://review.zdnet.com/graphics-car...?tag=pdtl-list

You can get voltages from Everest ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html ) to look at and compare to what you 'should' have.
    Last edited by CCT; December 6th, 2007 at 04:34 PM.

350w is still a bit light considering your video card... do you have any pci cards as well? The dynex is not exactly the world's best make.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    350w is still a bit light considering your video card... do you have any pci cards as well? The dynex is not exactly the world's best make.
    Yes, i have a PCI wireless internet card. Thats the only PCI thing i have tho.

So get a 400-450w power supply by antec, enlight or enermax or other nice heavy make.

I think the power supply is the culprit as well, but I would also suggest looking at the ram. 512 is a bit light, and it could be faulty. Try running Memtest+ or another memory testing program.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d
    I think the power supply is the culprit as well, but I would also suggest looking at the ram. 512 is a bit light, and it could be faulty. Try running Memtest+ or another memory testing program.
    Ah the 512 ram is for the video card.

I have 1gig of Ram for memory.

And im looking at PSU now, what do you think i should go for? 450/500/550/600/650w? Cause Im thinking about upgrading my computer a bit, nothing major but a bit more ram and maybe a new vid card.

Then 450 should be fine. If you want to add more hard drives, then 500

I found a 650w card for cheap but im not sure how good it is and if that brand name is worth anything.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=371926

Any thoughts?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=371258
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=371926
    those are 2 PSU's that i have found that i will prob get. Im not sure which one to get tho, Any ideas? Im thinking the first, but im not sure about the name brand or why the second one would cost more. Am i missing something?

Here's a thread that spans 2 years about PSU's - you might wanna read through it and get a feel for what you want to know.

http://www.techimo.com/forum/archive.../t-124252.html

Savassan, power supply specs can be confusing to evaluate. I'd generally suggest power supplies from Antec. I think they are excellent performers and reasonably priced. I've sold lots of PC Power and Cooling PSU, and I think they are the best PSUs available, but they are WAY expensive.

Thermaltake generally makes good products, and I have a Thermaltake 550 in one of my office machines. At a year or so of usage, it has performed just fine. However, I bought it during a major budget crunch, and would still have gone with an Antec had not the $40 difference been an issue.

I don't have any direct experience with CoolerMaster power supplies, but my opinion of the majority of their products such as CPU coolers is that they are adequate performers, but not world beaters.