Problem with video drivers for panasonic CF-27

Thread: Problem with video drivers for panasonic CF-27

Problem with video drivers for panasonic CF-27

I recently had installed Windows 98 SE on my laptop Panasonic CF- 27 with parameters :RAM 64MB, Pentium 2 300MHz, HDD 6GB who before that run Windows XP.The PCI/AGP video is NeoMagic NM2200 Magic Media256.Now i have 16 bit colors and resolution 640x480 and i want to fix that but i can't find the right video driver or i missing something.I had tried at least 10 video drivers but no one works. What can i do more? Should i install some drivers for BIOS or the problem might be at the windows or somewhere else? Any suggestions ?

Welcome to Windrivers emil

Exactly which CF-27 is it? There are 3 or 4 models, your driver problem is probably due to you getting the wrong model.

have a look here it's in german, but treiber means driver and video means... well you get the idea.

Alternatively, if you want it in English Register for free here and get all the drivers for your toughbook.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

How can i understend what exactly model is my laptop.On the label at the bottom of the laptop is only this: CF- 27 ?

There should be a sort of barcode - the numbers and letters over the code should be the full model.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I found another problem.At "Device Manager" under "Display adapters" i see only "Standard PCI Graphics Adapters (VGA).When i click the properties options i see this notice : "This device is not working properly because IRQ Holder for PCI Steering is not working properly (Code 37) "
    What does it mean ?

I still keep trying neomagic video drivers.No progress for now.

In the bios setup, is the setting assign irq for vga enabled?
    Have you loaded the chipset drivers?
    Have you signed up for the panasonic site? It's free.

One more question because i think i made some basic mistake.The name of the laptop motherboard is Matsu****a Electric Industrial Co.,Ltd. CF-27-2 and the mother board chipset is Intel 82440BX/ZX(that is from "everest") .To fix my display problems i must find drivers for this chipset Intel 82440BX/ZX. Am i right or wrong ?

The BX chipset covers the intereaction between North Bridge and South Bridge (to which all devices connect). So yes, you need these drivers in order for things to function properly.

The IRQ holder for PCI steering can be affected by bios settings. In the bios/setup, do you have assign irq for vga enabled? Do you have plug and play OS enabled (or might be controlled by OS set to yes)

I tried this drivers http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...8&submit=Go%21
    (the second end third) but noting changed and i couldn't find any other drivers for 440 chipset family at Intel site. Is that a this drivers what i needed or i must look for some others ? If i loaded the correct chipset drivers what can be the other problems for the display problems.
    This is the devices in Device Manager to which i have yellow mark:
    Display adapters>NeoMagic Magic Media 256AV
    Other devices> PCI Multimadia Audio Device
    PCMCIA socket>Ricoh RL/RB5C478 CardBus Controller;Ricoh RL/RB5C478 CardBus Controller
    Sound,video and game controllers>Sound Blaster Pro or compatible
    Universal Serial Bus Controller>Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller

In BIOS i didn't see options "irq for vga"

So has the irq holder for pci steering error gone?

Have you registered at panasonic yet?