Lenovo N100 Battery

Thread: Lenovo N100 Battery

Lenovo N100 Battery

Well....Have a client with 1 year and 2 months old Lenovo N100 Laptop. His battery won't charge, Guessed It's a dead battery, And went to online search for a replacement. Found that there are 2 types of batt. for this computer - 6 Cell like the original and 9 cell which is a bit fatter.I called a battery restoration company, And been said that N100 Battery cannot be refurbished.I saw that some online shops sells compatible batteries. When I called IBM, I told the price of battery is 1/2 the price of the online shops !!! I wasn't sure about it, And drove there to buy the battery, And it was true. Like they sold me the battery for 80$ while the cheapest original on the shops was 170$ !!! The only thing that was strange, Is that they give only 3 months warranty on the battery, While they insist it's new. I will give my client 6 months of warranty to keep his piece of mind after this incident after using the computer for just a bit more than 1 year, But don't you find it strange ?

A warranty is just like an insurance policy, really, and the cost of the warranty gets factored into the cost of the product. For a small company, this can really raise costs a lot. Warranties are nice, but aren't a guarantee of product quality. I wouldn't be uncomfortable with your choice.

Slg, As always, I love to hear what you think. Sometimes it's funny "Can I RMA the sucker..." And sometime plain smart.
    I had this discussion with myself regarding 5 year warranty seagate drive which costs about 20% more than WD with same specifications......So I went for WD because of price, And because rest of system parts does not have more than 3 years warranty, And after 3 years I don't want to be in a place of not knowing if the HD or motherboard are causing the problems.....

P.S. I sold him the battery at the price of the regular shops, So I am already prepaid for another ibm battery in advance...... Better safe than poor :O)
    Last edited by HipHoper; December 16th, 2007 at 04:03 PM.

Nice!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes that's good.