Need some Help

Thread: Need some Help

Need some Help

I'm setting up a network, and need a little input, I just need to be stare the right way I have 5 computer and a server running sbs2003, I running one program on the server that I want all client to access and be to access the internet through the server. any help will be greatful.

Rudebwoy, you need to know that many programs do not run like that. You need a particular version of the program to run on the server but can be used by all the clients. For example, Word has to be installed on each machine, you can't put one copy on the server for everyone to use.

What software did you want run from the server for all the clients to use?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Rudebwoy, you need to know that many programs do not run like that. You need a particular version of the program to run on the server but can be used by all the clients. For example, Word has to be installed on each machine, you can't put one copy on the server for everyone to use.

What software did you want run from the server for all the clients to use?
    Taxwise tax software and I already know that it will work. I just want to get an Idea of how to hook up the server to the 5 clients and have them all talking to the server and go on the internet. I forget to mension that I have a linksys router.

So you have SBS2003 - it's up, running and active directory is configured... have you attached the clients to the domain, checked DNS is working? How is the internet supplied? Dialup, ADSL or Cable?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."