I recently lost sound on my audigy 2zs platinum. Everything seemed to work until I used thier utility to reset everything to default values. I finally gave up and started using my MB's on board sound. When I say everything was fine I forgot to mention that it had been several months since I had been able to use the platinum drive and also the remote seemed to be dead. But the sound card seemed to work until I used the utility. What do people think is this expensive sound card fried?
Before giving up I reset it ie removed it and booterd up w/o it, then replaced it and reinstalled the drivers from the original cd. Still nothing. Windows saw it, but the driver install utility couldn't see the card and gave the message that I didn't have any creative product on my computer untill, I let windows try and install the drivers-- which the directions say I shouldn't let it do. In any case, what do people think I should do? Just cash the card or keep it and try again later perhaps with a full reinstall of the system.