what other it forums

Thread: what other it forums

what other it forums

what other it forums are good

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    You can google other it forums. It's not good policy to talk about the competition..
    Sergeant WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    You can google other it forums. It's not good policy to talk about the competition..
    OK, I did that and there's alot. Anyone willing to PM me a few?

Umm fearless... you have signed up to one of the best tech forums there is. What information are you after?

As you have found, there are thousands of IT forums. Some have a speciality, others are more general. Here we are about Drivers, spyware and hardware for the most part, but will gladly have a go at most topics.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by fearlesss
    Ummm my question would be. Why would someone want to send you somewhere else?
    Certainly if you had a problem and we could not adequately answer it, we would likely advise some other course of action which may or may not involve another site.
    So maybe state the problem.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I know asking for other IT forums can be a touchy subject but I think Fearless has a valid question. Personally, I like to go to more than one forum. Mostly, I go to this one and the other one, but lately I have been trying to branch out more. I have bookmarked a few forums not so much because they are that great for IT but rather because they are non-American sites and I would like to get different perspectives on a variety of topics. Over the years I have frequently noticed that non Americans seem to know a fair about America but Americans are all too often ignorant of what is going on elsewhere. I am trying to broaden my horizons a bit.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Quote Originally Posted by fearlesss
    I tried but PM seems to be disabled for you.
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

Hello fearless, welcome to WinDrivers. Certainly feel free to raise any IT or other appropriate subjects with us.

Whilst it might seem a little unusual to join a forum to ask about other forums, I guess you have to start somewhere!

One thing to try: the link bar across the top of the page offers many of our sister forums in the internet.com stable, in various categories. One that I like which doesn't seem to be in the list is VirtualDr.com

Another thing to try is follow-a-name. Many people are active on several forums and may well use the same member name. If you find one forum where a member or members are particularly helpful or interested in what you are interested in, Google search to see if you can find them posting on another forum. That forum may also interest you, and it gives a direction to the search.
    Last edited by Platypus; January 11th, 2008 at 07:07 PM.

One of the best ways to check out a forum is just to read its posts and responses. You'll find some that are very specialized, some with very rigid rules, and some that are more open to free discussion. I read 4 on a daily basis, but only post actively on 2 at most. There are one or two forums that are specifically oriented toward security issues that I monitor once or twice a week.

You just need to find some where you feel comfortable, and that are responsive with advice appropriate to your level of technical expertise. It's a lot like dating. As I remember it.