So I can't play any retail DVD movies on my Dell XPS 410. I can play any other disc (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-r, DVD-RW,etc). I have been in contact with dell support and have tried numerous troubleshooting steps and I have even reached the point to where I reformated my computer and reinstalled windows vista home premium. I have reinstalled my software and have tried VideoLan and roxio cineplayer and that did not solve my problem. I can't even play the movies in WMP or windows media center.
My device manager shows that it recognizes my drive. I have tried dell 32-diagnostics, no errors were indicated. I have also tried uninstalling the device through device manager and restarting my computer. My computer recognizes the device and installs the drivers.

When I insert a retail DVD, I get no response. It doesn't not even show that my computer recognizes the disk.
I don't understand why my computer recognizes all other disks (even burned DVDs), except retail DVD movies.

Here are my specs:

Windows Vista Home premium
Dell XPS 410
DVD/CD Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N

Please help me! This is so frustating. Like I have said before I have talked to dell support, more than one representative as a matter of fact. I just get the idea that they don't know what's wrong and so they just keep telling me to do different things

Thanks in advance for any help!