Is it time for a new "How to fix popups, spyware, malware and nuisance programs"?

Thread: Is it time for a new "How to fix popups, spyware, malware and nuisance programs"?

Is it time for a new "How to fix popups, spyware, malware and nuisance programs"?

The original sticky at the top of this forum was created in 2004, and d**n useful it was too, probably one of the best stickies ever created, (over 50,000 views suggest the same).. I was asked today by a user the best way to completely clean her PC, and I remembered the sticky above from t'olden days.

Maybe time for a new one as it's almost 4 years old? What do you think Noo?
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

I think yes, lots of new tools out there, lots of info. Unfortunately, time is a bit difficult for the next month... but will put it on the todolist
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

It would definitely help as I am stuck with this folder issue thing which seems to be part of a new trojan group re-infecting from C: no matter how I have tried. I have one Vista PC that is happily smiling through all this trauma without any infections.
    It's almost Monday!

Mostly what I have ran into here lately is smitfraud variants and vundo and virtumundo (something like that) and these darn things are almost impossible to get rid of. What I have decided is if they have nothing to lose format the darn thing and get rid of it. If they want me to spend 5hrs getting rid of 90% of it with the other 10% waiting to come back and haunt them three months later I will do that.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Agreed, I formatted 1 pc updated av, installed and updated windows defender and spybot... it's clean as a jiffy... BUT the issue at hand are the zillions of pc's comming in on a daily basis with the same infections, bearing in mind client data needs to be moved/stored, fdisk re-install data back...! printer re-install! and all this with the possibility of re-infecting ure own stock again.
    It's almost Monday!