HELP!! 2 Video Drivers (P4/WinMe Platform)???

Thread: HELP!! 2 Video Drivers (P4/WinMe Platform)???

Exclamation HELP!! 2 Video Drivers (P4/WinMe Platform)???

Is it possible to use an old STB 4400 vid card/driver with a newer NVIDIA vid card/driver? The reason for the second old card is to use it as a video out card for my DVD player streamed from WinDVD. If this is possible can u tell me how to go about the setup so display and gaming is not affected by older PCI Card. PLEASE HELP - PS: Will old STB card run on ME platform with a Win98 driver??? TY in ADVANCE

P_J_G

I've never used the dual display option, however, I do believe it is possible. The video cards/drivers shouldn't interfere with each other. As for gaming, most games will detect both cards and let you choose which one to use.

Most dual displays & DVD software require the Primary card to be used. If you drage the DVD software to the secondary monitor, it will normally just display a black screen instead of the actual movie. Same goes for a lot of Dual Head cards (Matrox G400 is a good example), if setup to extend desktop, the DVD will only play on primary display.
    "Invisiable justice,long distance calls,hollow laughter in marble halls" -Pink Floyd