keyboard error message

Thread: keyboard error message

keyboard error message

Finally got all my comp problems resolved except one minor irritation.
    My comp wont go into stanby (power management) and message comes on
    "Standard 101/102 key or microsoft ps/2 keyboard device is preventing this machine from going entering standby."
    went on line and from microsoft found that the issue may occur if Adobe type manager is installed on my comp, which it is. They recommend deleting it. My question is what will that affect, will I still be able to open PDF files without it?? Thanks
    billwil

keyboard error message

Finally got all my comp problems resolved except one minor irritation.
    My comp wont go into stanby (power management) and message comes on
    "Standard 101/102 key or microsoft ps/2 keyboard device is preventing this machine from going entering standby."
    went on line and from microsoft found that the issue may occur if Adobe type manager is installed on my comp, which it is. They recommend deleting it. My question is what will that affect, will I still be able to open PDF files without it?? Thanks

Billwill please do not post the same question in different forums.

It depends which operating system you are using:

Adobe ported these products to the Microsoft Windows operating system platform, where they managed font display by patching into Windows (3.0, 3.1, 95, 98, Me) at a very low level. The design of Windows NT made this kind of patching unviable, and Microsoft initially responded by allowing Type 1 fonts to be converted to TrueType on install, but in Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft added "font driver" support to allow ATM to provide Type 1 support (and in theory other font drivers for other types).[citation needed]

As with ATM Light for Macintosh, Adobe licensed to Microsoft the core code, which was integrated into Windows 2000 and Windows XP, making ATM Light for Windows obsolete, except for the special case of support for "multiple master" fonts, which Microsoft did not include in Windows, and for which ATM Lite still acts as a font driver.[citation needed]

ATM Light is still available for Windows users[1], but ATM Deluxe is no longer developed or sold.

Users of ATM 4.0 (Light or Deluxe) on Windows 95/98/ME who upgrade to Windows 2000/XP may encounter problems, and it is vital not to install version 4.0 into Windows 2000 or later; affected users are encouraged to visit the Adobe web site for technical information and patches. Version 4.1.2 is fully compatible with Windows 2000 and XP (but not 64-bit Windows XP).

Windows Vista is incompatible with both ATM Light and ATM Deluxe.[citation needed] Windows Vista can use Adobe Type 1 fonts natively, making add-ons like ATM unnecessary.

The latest version of ATM for Windows 3.1 is 3.02. There was no ATM Deluxe for Windows versions prior to 95.

Acrobat Reader, starting with version 2.1, installs a version of ATM for its own use, referred to as a Portable Font Server, but there is no control panel or other user interface for it.[2] It is therefore unsuitable for the tasks which most people need to install ATM for.
    from here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

re keyboard message

Thanks noo noo, went to the website and found that support for fonts is build into XP, therefore don't need ATM 4.0. deleted it and problem seems to be resolved. Again thanks.
    billwil