ICatch VI PC CAMERA- H E L P!!!

Thread: ICatch VI PC CAMERA- H E L P!!!

ICatch VI PC CAMERA- H E L P!!!

I need help installing my ICatch VI PC CAMERA. I dont have the CD it came with ne more and i need to get it installed! Please help!

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    These cameras apparently are a nightmare, and probably not worth the amount of time you are probably going to invest in getting it to work, but here's the best link I could find. The manufacturer is out of business, so any drivers you find and decide to use should be done so after backing up, and "at your own risk."

There is a thread for Icatch. Someone was kind enough to upload it to here Unfortunately it's a complicated system of getting a free download. Click the link. At the bottom, click on Free in the select your download row in the table. A new page will open and you will notice a clock counting down

Download-Ticket reserved. Please wait 28.0 seconds.
    Avoid the need for download-tickets by using a PREMIUM-Account. Instant access!

Wait the number of seconds.. Enter the graphical code and click on the download from (network name here)... Then finally you will get the download dialogue box. Save it to a directory such as c:\icatch The file is around 20mb.

Once downloaded you can unzip the files. It create a directory called globeyes... open it and find another directory called globeyes - open that one and there are the files you would have on the CD. If you have a cd burner, burn the files to a cd as a back up. Double click setup.exe to run the installation files from hard drive.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy Need help!

I have installed the globeyes software and run setup.exe and everything seems to install properly. Then when i plug in the camera it runs the found new hardware wizard and asks for the CD or a directory where the driver is located...

THIS IS WHERE I HAVE TROUBLE!

I have pointed it towards the globeyes directory and it does not seem to find the driver.

I then burnt it to the CD and retried the process and then said the installation CD was in the drive and it still did not work!

I am very frustrated.. can someone please lead me through a really specific step - by - step of what to do to install the camera!

Thanks,
    morjoel!

Welcome to Windrivers morjoel

First thing I need to know is which operating system are you using?
    When you burnt 'it' to the cd, what did you burn? The globeyes directories? or the original zip file?

When you examine the globeyes directories, are there any files ending in .inf or .sys?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes

Ok, my operating system is Windows XP SP2

When i burnt it to the cd i mean i burnt the extracted globeyes directories.

There ARE driver files in it but they do not seem to be recognised or relevant...

I just had another look and found some things in the globeyes directory which i hadnt extracted and tried to point the add hardware wizard to them.. but it didnt work.

Another big issue is that system restore has stopped working on my computer so once i muck up the driver install theres no way to undo it all...

Can you help?

Let's deal with the more serious issue first.

System restore can be turned on and off. Please check it is on by right clicking on my computer, selecting properties and then the system restore tab. The check box should be empty near the top to make sure it works. If that has a tick in it, you need to untick it to make system restore start again.

The other problem with system restore is if there is too little space on the hard drive or you have a virus/spyware/malware problem.

What files in the globeyes directories end in .inf or .sys and which directories are they in?