Copying files/dirs to cd ? Puppy

Thread: Copying files/dirs to cd ? Puppy

Copying files/dirs to cd ? Puppy

I have a puppy linux cd and am wondering how I can use it to copy files from a windows directory to my cd. I know it is supposed to be able to copy the saved files to the puppy linux cd..but have not figured out how. How about copying files to another cd in the other drive ?

You need to use the bundled cd burning program. Apparently its called Gcomburst and you have to install it first. more here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

NooNoo thanks for the help I'll be trying it out just now.

I actually used DeepBurner on Vista to make a multisession CD. It works fine, however I still do not know how to copy files to it. I try to copy files to my dvd drive and I cannot succeed as it says I do not have permissions. Tricky thanks.

OK, as I understand it, you want to burn files that are already on the hard drive (which happen to be windows files) using puppy.

First you have to install the puppy burning software.
    If you are running puppy from CD, you need another burner so that you can burn the files. As far as I am aware, you can't burn to a CD or DVD you are currently reading from.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I have 2 cd burning programs on puppy. Unfortunately I get the message access denied when I try and drag files to them, the message being that I do not have any permissions to burn and am trying to figure that out.
    I should be able to burn to the puppy multisession disk..at least thats what I am reading.
    I copy to a usb key no problem, they copy like a bat out of hell !
    Thanks for the your help.

heheh and people moan about Vista UAC... you have to use the programs with higher permissions... if you are not online, login as root and be done with it!

I ran Mutt and am able to copy everything. Burned a multisession dvd as well and it has worked perfectly...I used it to copy files from my Vista NTFS machine and it was wonderful.
    I tried freespire, ubuntu and damn small linux as well, and 2 of the 3 of them would not mount my c:drive that was FAT 32. Thanks for your help Noo Noo.

Linux understands FAT32... they should have read the drive without a problem. It may indicate either that the hard drive has a problem or there was a configuration problem when the drive was mounted. However, you rescued your files, so mission accomplished.