code 10 error

Thread: code 10 error

code 10 error

I have an Inspiron 1505 with a built in sd card reader. It used to work perfectly, now nothing. There is a yellow flag by it in the hardware device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of tiomes. Same for the driver for the host controller for the USB stuff. Problem is I cant read most cards on an external reader either. Trying to get data about is getting extremely frustrating. I have read a lot of the other posts regarding code 10 error and haven't found anything to fix mine... where do I start? The troubleshooter on Windows XP has been totally exhausted and to no avail..

Cheers and thx in advance for any usefull info'.

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string appears as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Recommended resolution

Device failed to start. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 943104 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/) Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers

Google rules when u need answers, thats how I found this.

Scan your pc for trojans, spyware and malware then once clean try the fix.

one possible fix

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string appears as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message: This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Recommended resolution

Device failed to start. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 943104 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/) Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers