Sound Drivers Needed for Diana25500
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sound Drivers Needed for Diana25500

Sound Drivers Needed for Diana25500

helppppppp!!!! i have a hp m7330..for 2c years now...a few days ago i installed windows xp profesional sp2 version 2002...a friend gave me a copy..when i did that mai video and audio wasn`t worcking...a managed whit the audio driver but i still dont have sound....i ask a few people and they gave what tey are using ....but nothing...a read what CCT said and few point there are not exactly like what i have...i´m not that good at computers but if i`m guided well i do fine...can anyone help me???what info do u need so i can recive some help.......please...

Welcome to Windrivers diana25500

Your machine comes with XP...
    have you tried the drivers here?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Unhappy :(:(

let`s see....i bought the pc 2 years and a half ago..... my windows then was xp home edition..when i got the pc i ddn`t know that normaly they should gave me the drivers too..they didn`t gave none of that....i had luck that the pc is good and i didnt had any problemes whit it for 2years...last week i formated the pc and i put i copy of windows ...xp profesional version 2002 service pack 2.....a friend made me a copy....i`m not that god at solving this kind of problem but if someone tell me what i had to do i manage.....i had problemes whit the video driver too but whit that i managed.....but whit the sound it`s more dificult.....sry my english it a bit rusty ....i read what cct siad ..and some of the points there are not the same.....

Unhappy

i just took stept by step what cct said....i found this.....

for start-control panel-sound and audio devices-speaker volume an advance are in grey....i can`t use the option......

start-control panel-sound and audio devices- souand playback and midi plaback are in grey ...can`t use no option or modify .

control panel-sound audio devices-hardware- i have entry for audio codesc and they are not all from micorsoft but i can`t change to micorsoft cuz i don`t have any option for that.....and for the audio controller....doesn`t show that--i have media control devices...it`s the same thing???--if soo...when i go to proporties fot it ..it doesn`t show enable ..only that it`s working........

mi pc-properties-manage devices... i have yellow exclamation marks for other devices-sm bus controller
    other devices- unknown device
    sistem device- pci device....

i also have installed kb835221...and a friend gave me kb888111xpsp2...he said that i need this one ....what do i have to do ......no one seems to know... ..pls someone help me....

Unhappy

i also have installed kb835221.....but a friend gave me kb888111xpsp2 he said that i need this one ... please some one help me ..i don`t know what to do ....

and yes i triend the drivers over there but there are just updates ..soo i need an audio driver first to be able to update no ??...

You just need to download the realtek sound driver from the link I provided and then install it. While it says update, in this case, it's the full driver.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i did that..that was the first thing i did...but it doesn`t work..........what should i do in this case....please i need some help cuz no one seem to know...none of my friends.....i just redownloaded that driver ..from the link u provided....and the same thing...nothing....:|
    Last edited by diana25500; April 27th, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

When you downloaded it, what did you do next to install it?

Can you tell me exactly what you did?

after the download i installed it.......and after i restart the computer.....i know to install programs ....that site was the firts site i saw when i saw that my sound doe`n`t work.. that driver was the frist i used..after that ..i was still trying..i searched the net ...and i used a a few..still nothing...then friend gave me drivers that they use...also for realtek ...none....doesn`t the info that i gave u before help for something???...if u need other info ...:-??...

Right click on my computer, select properties, then the hardware tab. Under sound click the + next to it... what is listed there?

Unhappy

under there are: asustek europe II capture device
    audio codecs
    legacy video capture devices
    media control devices
    video codecs
    and that`s all .....

Try the drivers package here (uninstall the others you tried first):

http://support.packardbell.com/es/it...ppn=PB66M00304

? - when you installed the XP Pro system did you install the motherboard chipset drivers ?

edit: Noo Noo could you cut out all these posts and make a new audio thread for dianna25500 - adding to a sticky just messes it up. tx
    Last edited by CCT; May 1st, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Yep, I agree, will move the posts to their own thread

Diana, despite what you think, there are NO sound drivers installed.