SigmaTel HD Audio Driver

Thread: SigmaTel HD Audio Driver

SigmaTel HD Audio Driver

Alright,

I am currently running and emachines W3609 with vista installed. I had to reformat the computer and lost the updated SigmaTel HD Audo driver I had before (I know I should of backed up drivers on disc, usually do but not this time)

I am having some troubles with this audio driver:

Sound Driver: SigmaTel HD Audio Driver

Version: 6.10.5405.0

Its quite weird actually, when I have a window open lets say for instance "MySpace" and I'm viewing someones myspace and song plays....the song is usually clear, but now its crackly and sounds like crap.

But when I click the Square button on the upper right of window (restore down) it goes back to playing fine.

It also does this with any other page that plays music as well as Windows Media Player.

If you need any more information from me please dont' hesitate to message me, Id like to get this problem solved as soon as I can.

Please message me on AIM or Yahoo Messenger chat name is chris32882

I greatly appreciate it.

SigmaTel HD Audio Driver - Vista

I am running a emachines W3609 with Vista 32 bit.

I recently reformatted and lost my updated driver for my SigmaTel HD Audio Driver.

The current driver I have installed is : 6.10.5405.0

The problem I am having is whenever a window is fully open...webpage....windows media player...etc..

Audio being played sound cracky for some weird reason, I don't undderstand why.

when I press the squre button on upper right of window to make it windowed instead of full screen...everything sounds fine...

I'm not sure what else to do, if you need any more information from me feel free to message me on yahoo or AIM. I want to get this problem resolved as soon as I can, its getting frustrating.

Thanks in Advanced!

Welcome to Windrivers Chris.

Your posts didn't show up because of our spam filter, it did mention this when you signed up. I have merged your threads so that you get coherent answers.

the support page for your pc is here You can redownload the drivers from there and reinstall them.

Do you mean that your browser is in full screen mode when it is crackly, or reduced sized?

Which browser are you using?

Have you done all the available windows updates?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This site:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=35&gl=ca

has this to say:

"For all users of the dreaded SigmaTel AC97 audio chipset (a lot of notebooks use this), you will be greeted with Microsoft signed Vista drivers when you install the RTM of Vista. However, that joy will fade away quickly: the ever-lasting problem of sound crackling and stuttering will soon make you angry again.

I do not understand why so many notebook manufacturers still keep using/implementing this piece of crap... the only reason I can think of is that it must be really cheap!

Enough whining, here are a few possible fixes:

You can try the RealTek AC'97 drivers for Vista

You can also try the High-Definition Audio Codecs, also from the RealTek website.

You can also scan for SigmaTel drivers on the Dell website ( http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...Tek&sort=-date ), maybe they'll release a new driver set also. In fact, even the older driver sets from 2005 that you'll find in this list, are more recent than the driver included in Vista. It's not the first time that Dell advises to revert to older SigmaTel drivers because they were far more stable."

It seems in many cases the newer Vista drivers are not operating well and sometimes the older drivers (for older OS's?) will work OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Chris.

Your posts didn't show up because of our spam filter, it did mention this when you signed up. I have merged your threads so that you get coherent answers.

the support page for your pc is here You can redownload the drivers from there and reinstall them.

Do you mean that your browser is in full screen mode when it is crackly, or reduced sized?

Which browser are you using?

Have you done all the available windows updates?
    ]

Yeah about the posts, it seems like maybe after a few lets say 20 minutes maybe an hour it would show, it didn't. I understand the not instantly shown but I have never had to wait that long for the post to show up.

But thanks for the heads up.

Also, I tried the support site for emachines, still doesn't work. They list 2 seperate drivers for the audio driver also have contacted them not really supportful or knowledgable

I am gonna try some of these "easy fixes" and see if that works

but I recommend never to use sigmatel audio cards which are integrated into intel chipsets. There is not much support for it what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by CCT
    This site:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=35&gl=ca

has this to say:

"For all users of the dreaded SigmaTel AC97 audio chipset (a lot of notebooks use this), you will be greeted with Microsoft signed Vista drivers when you install the RTM of Vista. However, that joy will fade away quickly: the ever-lasting problem of sound crackling and stuttering will soon make you angry again.

I do not understand why so many notebook manufacturers still keep using/implementing this piece of crap... the only reason I can think of is that it must be really cheap!

Enough whining, here are a few possible fixes:

You can try the RealTek AC'97 drivers for Vista

You can also try the High-Definition Audio Codecs, also from the RealTek website.

You can also scan for SigmaTel drivers on the Dell website ( http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...Tek&sort=-date ), maybe they'll release a new driver set also. In fact, even the older driver sets from 2005 that you'll find in this list, are more recent than the driver included in Vista. It's not the first time that Dell advises to revert to older SigmaTel drivers because they were far more stable."

It seems in many cases the newer Vista drivers are not operating well and sometimes the older drivers (for older OS's?) will work OK.
    Thanks gonna check out the site now (which looks identical of your post btw)

I am going to try the fixes they have on the site, if it don't work I'll let ya guys know.

Thanks!

I wish there was some way to figure this out without sending it in to be looked at. was working fine right before I did a reformat.

I had to reformat this past tuesday because of a desktop virus I had, wouldn't show my desktop or let me do anything...tried countless virus scans.

I'm not sure what else I should do. As of right now, I have clean copy of Windows Vista.

I'm not sure if it could be video card related or sound releated:

these are specs of my computer:

Processor

Name Intel Celeron 356
    Codename Cedar Mill
    Specification Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz

Chipset

Northbridge Intel i945G/GZ rev. A2
    Southbridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1
    Graphic Interface PCI-Express

Graphic Card

GeForce 8600 GT

with the lastest updated forceware

If I'm missing anything let me know, I think I pretty much covered everything.

Xp Drivers

Try the AC97 drivers for XP OS. These can be found at the RealTek website. I have this onboard sound on two of my laptops running Vista, & one of my desktops running Vista and this is how I solved this problem.

Hey guys, I'm actually still having this problem, its still unresloved, not sure what to do. Tried countless things any help is appreciated.

started happening when I installed the Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT gfx card, not sure if its nvidia or sigmatel, but I am thinking its sigmatel. I tried the most updated drivers for nvidia and sigmatel, but still nothing. I tried googling, read other forums, suppor for emachines/gateway is not the greatest

nope, still didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
    In device manager unders Sound Controllers are the drivers installed correct without (!).
    Yes, they are installed correctly without any problems. I think I found my problem.....PSU I have a 350W PSU, I'm thinking I need to get a better one, I been looking into it, and the card itself needs 350W

Have you resolved this now chris?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."