For all those who have "HEARD" Vista is bad - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: For all those who have "HEARD" Vista is bad

I have tried to run Vista Enterprise 2 separate times now. After about 3 months I get fed up each time and format back to XP. Mostly it was driver issues which I understand is the hardware vendor's problem, not Microsoft's. I would usually get mad when I would get "access denied" when trying to access my C drive while logged on with admin rights.

That being said, I have been running Server 2008 for a while now and I really like it as a desktop. I know it runs the same basic core stuff that Vista does, but I don't see NEAR the problems I saw when running Vista. Personally, if I could get rid of all the garbage and strip Vista down to just what I actually wanted I would be perfectly happy with it.

As for right now...my Vista DVD will sit in my software drawer and collect dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Miq
    I would usually get mad when I would get "access denied" when trying to access my C drive while logged on with admin rights.
    If UAC was enabled (which it should be) then you're always forced into a user mode account. If that was the prompt you were getting, create your own shortcut to Windows Explorer on the desktop, go into that shortcut's properties, and set it to always run as admin. You won't get the prompts when starting with that shortcut. If it was a file system permission issue, just like XP you can take ownership of files and folders.
    Last edited by The Rifleman; June 11th, 2008 at 06:26 PM.
    Those who do not know, are lost...

Miq, why do you have just one copy of Vista Enterprise?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Who said I have just 1 copy of enterprise? The DVD I was talking about is our volume licensed one. I was planning on using KMS (which also wasn't very usable when I last tried it) to manage all the licenses.

To Rifleman:
    I didn't type what I was thinking...I meant I usually got that denied error when trying to download to the root of C. I got it with UAC on and off. Before the first SP UAC was the first thing I disabled. The service pack made it quite a bit better, at least in my opinion.