KeyFinder Discusion (argument) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KeyFinder Discusion (argument)

Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
    I have no reason to apologize I've used both programs and both programs clearly say the generated number only comes from a bootable drive, slaved drives are not bootable unless they were set as a dual boot option where the 2nd os was installed on the slave drive. now NooNoo do your thang as you put it this discussion was closed.

All I know is I went to file/select source/and pointed it to an external windows directory (slave drive) and it found all the keys in that directory. Drive had been bootable at one time. It was a full os on it but iit just wouldn't bootup on any system. Argument again was can it be done not what the documentation said and YES it can. I myself didn't see that in any documentation. And BTW I value honest helpful opinions to and I have seen you give many.
    Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind

Wow. I have used MJB for years now, and yes, I have learned to use it from a CD, so some AV program doesn't delete it as a "positive". I will NOT help a customer to pirate any software....not what I use it for.

I thought everyone used it the way Kodiak said.
    If only you knew what's inside of me now,
    You wouldn't want to know me, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    couldn't resist....

That was so funny my sides ache
    Last thing I remember, running for the door,
    I had to find the passage back to the place
    I was before.

So what hardware did you sell the customer with that OEM copy of Windows?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Secretly I use it to take CD Keys and sell them on the black market. I'm rich beyond comparison. Actually I just use it when the client has no idea what they did with the CD key and they have other things to prove they bought it. Yes I've dealt with people handing me a receipt and them saying well this is proof I bought it won't that work with the program. Funny how some are so organized they can keep a reciept from 3 years ago but they can't find the big envelope that held the shiny disk inside. I think overall I've used it 5 times since discovering the program. Two times for myself so I can reinstall an old game and I can't find my key in my stack of junk I tossed it into.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
    NooNoo, I do not believe its is any of your buisness it does comply with OEM standards.

The licence is that it must be sold with hardware. I just wanted to know what hardware you supplied with that copy for $155. Just curious.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

[quote=Niclo Iste]Secretly I use it to take CD Keys and sell them on the black market. I'm rich beyond comparison.

Hahahahahaha!!! Thanks, I really needed that, Niclo! Mind if I "steal" that idea, or will I have to use MJB?
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    The licence is that it must be sold with hardware. I just wanted to know what hardware you supplied with that copy for $155. Just curious.
    $5 mouse=hardware
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Sorry, CeeBee, but that OEM sale is only valid with a "non-peripheral" piece of hardware. Guess that must have been a Microsoft Bus Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Sorry, CeeBee, but that OEM sale is only valid with a "non-peripheral" piece of hardware. Guess that must have been a Microsoft Bus Mouse
    It used to be a legal loophole where you could bundle OEM with a cable or mouse or keyboard... They closed it few years ago.
    XP OEM can be purchased however from resellers
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=32-116-515
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

hmmm $89.99 for home edition - not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    It used to be a legal loophole where you could bundle OEM with a cable or mouse or keyboard... They closed it few years ago.
    XP OEM can be purchased however from resellers
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=32-116-515
    Yes, I'm aware newegg sells OEM versions, but if you look at the specifications tab, they state very clearly that you must comply with the MS System Builder License Agreement.

If I recall correctly and I'm not sure if this was against the rules but I recall my old boss selling an OEM of windows with a 2 dollar dead hard drive.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.