How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With PC) Headset For Chatting

Thread: How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With PC) Headset For Chatting

How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With PC) Headset For Chatting

Can some one please tell me is their a software I can use to for my xbox 360 controller for my windows XP PC (has a usb 2.0 so it works with PC) that lets me chat with others using the headset that plugs into the xbox 360 controller? If their isn't any then is it possible using some other method for chatting online using my headset? About the headset: it allows gamers to use in game voice chat, private chat, audio for video chat and in-game voice recognition for Xbox Live. (So i want to do the same thing on a PC but without playing a game like using the headset to chat on windows messenger, yahoo messenger, etc)
    Last edited by tomcruise3230; June 20th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo

I can't do that because it requires opening up the computer and I am just an newbie and most likely will harm my PC. Therefore, if you can you please give me an alternative way which doesn't require opening up the PC and buying other equipment that will help a lot!

That tutorial didn't require you to open your computer!

OK, Watch this then
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

OK, Watch this then

OK, Watch this then
    I already have the xbox 360 wired controller setup on my PC so I don't need the software suggested in the video above. However, If the software can let me chat using my voice with my xbox 360 headset on forums, yahoo messengers, microsoft instatnt messenger (or any of these) without me typing anything then please let me know if it will do that because thats what i am looking for

err, did you watch the video? It tells you that if you have the controller plugged into your pc and working, then attaching the headset to the controller when it's plugged into your pc will cause it to install as a usb headset....

Quote Originally Posted by tomcruise3230
    I already have the xbox 360 wired controller setup on my PC so I don't need the software suggested in the video above. However, If the software can let me chat using my voice with my xbox 360 headset on forums, yahoo messengers, microsoft instatnt messenger (or any of these) without me typing anything then please let me know if it will do that because thats what i am looking for
    Are you wanting to use software that types for you while you say what you want typed? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're looking to do with this. From what I can see the video should have helped you get the headset working for voice to voice communications like ventrilo, skype, voip etc.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclo Iste
    Are you wanting to use software that types for you while you say what you want typed? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're looking to do with this. From what I can see the video should have helped you get the headset working for voice to voice communications like ventrilo, skype, voip etc.
    Thats exactly what I want it to do! Therefore, do you know any software that will allow me to do that, please. (I don't want to buy a new headset solely based on that)

You just use the headset... if you downloaded the files shown in the video and installed them correctly, any of those programs will be able to use the headset once it is properly installed.

OK I'm assuming you're looking for something similar to this Speech to Text Program. There aren't many hits for it when I do a search as it assumes I'm looking for Text to speech instead of what i think you want which is Speach to Text. I will post more later if I find any better/solid candidates.
    One Script to find them.

I also just found this article How to use voice recognition. If these are more what you're looking for please let us know.
    One Script to find them.

OK I'm assuming you're looking for something similar to this Speech to Text Program. There aren't many hits for it when I do a search as it assumes I'm looking for Text to speech instead of what i think you want which is Speach to Text. I will post more later if I find any better/solid candidates.
    You are right thats what i want. So my question is have you tried it yourself and see it worked or not or where can i find a review for it (I looked and can't find it anywhere)

I also just found this article How to use voice recognition. If these are more what you're looking for please let us know.
    From the link the only speech to text I see is this software is Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9. Do you know any other software like this because I googled it and can't find any
    Last edited by tomcruise3230; June 24th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

I haven't used any as I've never had a need. Though i do have to say the results I've heard of before for any of these programs is very good at best. There is nothing that is totally fool proof with these programs it seems. Some of them respond to accents better than others and some assume things very very poorly. I can't find the review I read because it was 7 years ago. Though I would assume the technology advanced a lot since then I would still hold doubts on it being totally perfect at understanding every word.
    I will keep you posted if I can find anything.
    One Script to find them.