Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Thread: Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Hello, Windrivers!

I need a reality check. I have this brand new Asus board, and at the moment, I've only got IDE hard drives (board has both IDE & SATA). I can't seem to get the system to boot to an IDE hard drive. It'll boot to an IDE hard drive. Windows XP setup runs along happily until that reboot where it's supposed to start from the hard drive. Then it tells me to insert media.

I have the Boot priority set for floppy first, then hard drive, then CD-Rom. I have tried three different hard drives now.

Anybody know if this board does support booting from IDE hard drives?

Thanks!
    This space left intentionally blank.
    Kinda like my mind...

Well I cannot confirm that for absolute sure but I would be willing to say its either defective or your doing something wrong. Does it have a F11/F12 select boot device on boot? If so try that selection. If not go into the bios and set it to boot from the HD on all selections
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

the manual says on pages 2-15 to 2-17 goes through the settings for the hard drives. Have you checked these?

Does the Pata (ide) drive detect in bios? Is it in the boot order list?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the replies...

The post screen doesn't offer the F11/F12 prompt.

Each of the PATA drives I've tried have been properly detected. I always put the hard drive as primary master (old habit from years ago testing used PCs). I tried changing the IDE configuration settings (compatibility mode & Enhanced, PATA/SATA/PATA &SATA). Interestingly, choosing compatibility mode and PATA only pushes the hard drive down to Third IDE Master, and the CD-ROM to third IDE slave.
    With default settings Windows setup has no problem properly formatting the drive(s) and copying files to it.

I even used an Ubuntu Live CD to boot up, and I could see all the files that windows setup put on the drive. Everything seems to "look" right.

Maybe I'll see if I can scrounge up an alternate IDE cable - That's something I didn't try yet.
    This space left intentionally blank.
    Kinda like my mind...

Check this

Boot disks must be connected to one of the red SATA connectors, NOT the black ones.

Welcome to Windrivers riesieur. Unfortunately you misread the post - the thread starter has no SATA drives, only IDE.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi,
    Windrivers

I am using ASUS P5 GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, I've got lost my Motherboard Drivers CD. Please teel me how can I get Drivers for my motherboard Please help me. I've been searching through Internet and Some of the PC Stores in My Area but in vain please do help me.

Welcome to Windrivers rinoma

here is the page for your motherboard. On the left are links to downloads and specifications. Everything you need is there. You don't download the CD, you download the individual drivers... if you want to then burn them to a CD, you can do.

Question ASUS P5CG-MX/1333 and Windows Home Server

I'm a newbee to the forum, so please excuse my ignorance of the best way to post this.

I've a homebuilt box with this motherboard. I'm intending to use it as a Windows Home Server box. The WHS installation process seemed to go well, and I was able to load the ethernet drivers for Server 2003 for the board without any issues. I've got green lights at both ends of the LAN cable. Unfortunately, WHS won't access the Internet, which is required to make the system work. I don't know if the problem lies with the motherboard, the LAN driver, or the set up of the WHS software, and would very much welcome suggestions for trying to get this to work, especially if someone has already gotten WHS working.
    Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you

Most Asus mother boards have a boot device choice by using the F8 key during boot. It will bring up a choice of all the devices the mother board thinks it can boot from.
    One thing you might try is to disconnect all the hard drives except the boot and see if it works.

excuse me sorry I'am very new to this forum. but I have Asus P5GC-mx/1333 motherboard as well does it have usb 2.0 built in or I gotta buy something to expand it with. also I cannot find any software for said usb 2.0 could I get some help been living without 2.0 for a while and it's sucks alot.
    thanks for looking and sorry almost forgot please . and well thank you.

Specs for your mother board are here:
    http://tinyurl.com/5dg7ef
    It does have 8 USB 2.0 ports with support for an additional 4 ports.