GE ultra Cam drivers

Thread: GE ultra Cam drivers

GE ultra Cam drivers

i know it's an OLD piece but it's the web cam i have.
    it's the GE Ultra cam 98073 Rev. 2
    I'm running xp home.

I've tried downloading the setup file i found online but it does not work. if anyone has a link for the drivers i would be very thankful for the help.

-Toki

yes. that is the first thing i did actually.

The support site for those cameras is Jasco - as you will see, they do not list that one as supported.

http://www.jascoproducts.com/support...-downloads.asp

Can't hurt to try others there I don't suppose.

I'm actually going through the list and doing it now. I was hoping that there would be a driver that works under another name. the thing is pretty generic. guess that only works with a few things.

You can always ask Jasco.

i found an answer that looks like it may work.:

Thanks so much for being here!
    I should have simply bought a new camera, well worth it even if my time was only worth Minimum Wage! Spent the entire afternoon trying to get this working! Finally successful only after finding a http://forums.windrivers.com/images/...size_1.gifvery old thread here (too old to reply to)!
    Family member hands me a web cam with a GE logo on it, no other markings anywhere... I started at GE, soon concluded they have nothing to do with this cam. Googling around it appeared the cam was manufactured by Jasco Products, their drivers didn't work. Tried a couple different driver sites, those drivers didn't work either. I found an image of this cam (http://www.samtack.com/chSupport_Fol...ra%20first.pdf) which provided a model number for more fruitful searching (since the driver found there didn't work either...). Found a Microsoft document listing that model as certified for XP, but the listed vendor (Sonix Technology Co. Ltd.) only makes the controller chips. No clue which chip without opening the cam, downloaded a few of their drivers (and found I was downloading some of the same drivers obtained earlier a third time!).
    Well the point of all this is that after an all-day Google Adventure / Learning Experience, I found that the "Logitech WC-10" may be the same camera as my "GE" - so I went to the Logitech site, downloaded the WC-10 driver, installed it, and LO AND BEHOLD THE CAMERA WORKS!!
    So I guess the conclusion I have come to is that I should check out computing.net early in a problem-solving session! Thanks again for getting me out of this one!
    -Bob
    at this site : http://www.computing.net/answers/dri...29.html#postfp

Most of the foregoing is a quote (unquoted) from computing.net and there is no mention of what GE cam model the poster was talking about.

In any case, if you are successful, please let us know - that isn't the most common camera and others still look for the driver occassionaly.

it didn't work. i actually ended up looking for generic VGA drivers and EVERY site i went to routed me back to the sonicx website with no download. one well.... i'm gonna just use an actual video camera.... it's just so huge and i found out i have a pci card i can use for it. i may be back looking for drivers for that beauty.

Have you read the answer here which quotes jasco and tells you how to get the disk...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

btw. i just sent the an email, they never replied but i got the disk within 2 weeks

That's handy to know. Thanks for getting back with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by tokicoi View Post
    btw. i just sent the an email, they never replied but i got the disk within 2 weeks
    If you are feeling kind, would you make an iso of the disk they sent and private message me? I collect drivers for people who need them and can't get the disk sent overseas.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i'm in the middle of moving atm.. it'll be a little while before i can get to doing that. it'd prolly be faster to get a friend over in the states to get it for you and mail it over.

Never mind.