network link cable not being recognized

Thread: network link cable not being recognized

Exclamation network link cable not being recognized

I just purchased a usb 2.0 type 110 network cable , so that i could transfer files from one computer to another. I installed the superlink software into both computers(which went well). but when i plug the usb cable in either computer , the computer can't find any drivers and fails to load it.I pointed the puter to the usb drivers that came on the cd but it won't use them. any suggestions? besides tossing the cable .

Welcome to Windrivers dlh56

We need a bit more detail than that...

Make and model of each computer
    Operating system on each computer
    Service pack level on each computer

Make and model of the network usb cable you bought

There are lots of things you might try, but if you answer the questions above we can narrow it down to what is more likely to work.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

additional info

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers dlh56

We need a bit more detail than that...

Make and model of each computer
    Operating system on each computer
    Service pack level on each computer

Make and model of the network usb cable you bought

There are lots of things you might try, but if you answer the questions above we can narrow it down to what is more likely to work.

computers are custom built .both have Asus motherboards, one 2.6gpentium 4, one 2.4g pentium 4. etc. both have windows xp professional,+service pack 3.
    the superlink file transfer software installs fine but when it asks to plug in usb netwok cable and you do windows won't find driver. I've done auto install,no good, i've tried pointing it to the driver files on the cd, still can't find it.
    I even downloaded software and drivers from internet.
    only id on cable is "USB 2.0 netlink type 110" software is superlink. windows only identifies it as a usb device when it is plugged in to port. then of course fails to install and system sees it as an unknown usb device.even tried to update driver from device manager , no go.

OK, and the Asus motherboard model numbers?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    OK, and the Asus motherboard model numbers?

one is an asus p5vdc-x , with 1.5 gig ddr dram , 2.6 g pentium 4, onboard lan , sound , nvidia 128 meg g force agp card soon to be upgraded to an pci express 256ddr2.
    other is asus mx c533 motherboard, 2.4 g pentium 4, 1g pc133 sdram, ati 256 meg agp video card. unboard sound and lan.

there is an ACPI driver for the p5vdc-x which may have an effect but before you do that, install the via drivers

As for the mx c533 I don't (and neither does google) recognise that as an asus motherboard... unless it's an oem?

Also try uninstalling the USB root hub in device manager and rebooting. Then re-install the application. Sometimes thats what it takes for device enumeration to occur properly. If it still doesnt work, take that junk back and get what you should have been using the whole time -- a cat 5 crossover cable.