Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service

Thread: Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service

Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service

I go to network connections right click on wireless network connection 2 which is what i use to connect to the internet. I use sierra wireless aircard 875u to connect to the internet. Then i click properties then i go to advanced and click setting under windows firewall. It says do you want to start ICS and i click yes and i get a message that says Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service. I also try to start it by going to control panel administrative tools then services. I click on windows firewal/ICS then start and i get this message could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing service on local computer. Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. I have windows live onecare with the firewall on and i turned it off and it didn't help. What can i do to solve this problem.

first try this

then this

then follow the ICS instructions again

If none work, you need to phone your wireless internet provider and find out if they deliberately have stopped the ability to share the connection.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

RE: ICS Service

Sometimes all you need to do is run at command prompt "net stop netman" and then "net start netman" to stop and restart root networking.

If it isn't as simple as that, make sure that you verify that ICS has all dependencies started. Run SERVICES.MSC. ICS relies on the ALG service, network connection service, NLA, and remote access. If one of these is disabled or not started, ILS will fail.

If you need help troubleshooting services, check out blackviper.com. His service tweaking guide is excellent.