Multiple_IRP_Complete_Request STOP 0x44 (0x85FA1948 0xD63 0x0 0x0) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Multiple_IRP_Complete_Request STOP 0x44 (0x85FA1948 0xD63 0x0 0x0)

OK, I've had a chance to mess around with it again today. I installed the latest notebook software with no change, took a look at the Dell QuickSet program that has an "adjust power management" option and tried several settings there. It's still not working. I tried the hard drive in an identical testing laptop and it did the same thing. I tried the test laptop with it's own hard drive in the dock and there is no problem. I tried making sure the seperate LCD screen was disabled and it still won't work.

This whole ordeal is rapidly approaching a reGhost of the system but it's annoying me I can't figure this out.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

It may well be you have one of those times when a driver got corrupted....and tracking it down is just not worth the time.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n View Post
    Yeah the laptop has "undock" and while I've never tried it I've been told it works fine though having mentioned it I will check. Even the dock has a "undock me" button you can press. And yeah it'd really kill this chick to undock before leaving her desk. We have a bunch of D620s out there and none of them have a problem with this which is what is pissing her off, if it was all of them she wouldn't care. It used to work for her so she wants it to work for her again.

I'm pretty sure they have the laptop software installed, but I'll double check on that one and check out those power management options... good idea... I'll report back when I get a chance to look at it.
    I have this stop code as well but its on a dell dimension 2400. I have been researching this stop error for a few days now but without a solution. Some techs in other forums think this stop code is related solely to NICs. Others think it has to do with USB Devices. I think it is a software problem not a hardware one and that the only solution i have found that will work is to reload the system. With my situation i cannot get into windows normally, in "safe mode" or by using "last known good config". I have even tried an in place upgrade of windows but this error comes back. The only option i have left is to format the drive and reload the original system software. If the error comes back after that then i will know its a hardware issue.

I don't exactly remember what we did to fix this issue as it was a long time ago, but I'm telling people to undock before changing state (sleep or hibernate) and then when they dock to bring up the laptop from sleep and then dock and the problems are no longer happening. It also alleviated other small annoyances the lady had.

However, with regards to your problem, I'd try a system restore using either Recovery Console or a BartPE disk:
    http://www.icompute.info/restore_with_B_PE_disk.htm

Another software I've been using is WinDebug (WinDbg):
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...g/default.mspx
    If stop errors generate dump files in c:\windows\minidump then this program can analyze it for you and give you a much better idea which process, file or system is causing the issue. It has significantly cut down on my diagnosis time of stop errors.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.