cant find realtek audio file

Thread: cant find realtek audio file

Angry cant find realtek audio file

Hello, I am not at all tech savvy. My sound vanished after my cousin wiped my hard driver clean after a virus and replaced it again. He gave me some new software and everything works fine except now I have no sound. I attempted to get a sound card river online and when I went to download it I got that message...."cant find realtek audio file." I have an HP 1020a computer. Can you tell me what to do?
    Last edited by cdivo39; July 21st, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdivo39
    Hello, I am not at all tech savvy. My sound vanished after my cousin wiped my hard driver clean after a virus and replaced it again. He gave me some new software and everything works fine except now I have no sound. I attempted to get a sound card river online and when I went to download it I got that message...."cant find realtek audio file." I have an HP 1020a computer. Can you tell me what to do?
    Welcome to Windrivers cdivo39.
    Are you sure about the model number? HP 1020 comes up as a laserjet printer when I do a search...

cdivo39, I think the software you want for your sound is here. The software is listed as an update, but I believe it's the full set of driver software.

CAnt Find Realtek

Yes, you are correct. That is what I ran and tried to download, but it never finished because that message "cant find realtek info came up." So now i'm baffled as to what to do. But I think they are the drivers I need.

Looks like I might have been wrong about the HP download being a full driver. oops. Try downloading the demo of Everest Ultimate Edition. You need to extract the files, then run everest.exe from the everest_ultimatebuildxxxx folder where you extracted the file. Click on the triangle sign next to Multimedia in the left hand pane to expand the tree, then click PNP/PCI Audio and let us know what device is reported. Once we're sure exactly which audio chip you have, it should be easy to find it on Via's driver site.

CAnt Find Realtek

I tried to download the Everest Ultimate File you told me about, but was unsuccesful with that. My computer is a HP Pavillion a1020n. I checked my control panel and it says I have no sound device, meaning I guess I need a driver. I thought the driver I needed was the one I found on the HP website and tried to download when I got the "Cant Find Realtek Inf" message. I'm really confused and at a loss here guys. It seems I didnt have files to support the opening of the Everest files. I tried to open it through Adobe but that didnt work! I dont have to go out and buy anything do I? Somehow I think this can be done online just by finding the right driver and downloading it without getting this "Cant find realtek message."! HELP!

Well, This is a link to Realtek's standard High definition driver, so I'd try it.

Just out of curiosity, what was the problem downloading and running Everest Ultimate?

The error message he got says to me he didn't install it...? Or perhaps the virus was not removed as previously thought.

What windows is this cdivo39?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Noo, I believe what happened is that the file HP has on their website is strictly an update file that will only install over the old driver. It's common for HP to do this an not provide a full driver online. At 26 MB and change, I thought it might be a full driver, but apparently not. So, I think the driver from Realtek's site should install fine. But I did sorta want to see what the new Everest reported. This is a 30 day beta, and it recognizes a lot more hardware than Everest Home. oh well.

CAnt Find Realtek

Ok I installed the Realtek Audio Driver from the link that you gave me, but I still have no sound! I have Micrsoft Windows. That "Cant find Realtek Inf file" even came up again...but I clicked it away checked my control panel and saw where it was indeed installed. Now what!!!!???

click here and work through the document. Do EVERYTHING in order... even if you think you have done it before.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."