[RESOLVED] ATI Multimedia Center & XP

Thread: [RESOLVED] ATI Multimedia Center & XP

Mogul

Post ATI Multimedia Center & XP

Has anyone been able to get it to work with XP? I have an AIW Pro AGP card and while trying to install the ATI software, I get an alert from XP saying version 7.1 is incompatible. I override it and it says no ATI hardware detected. I assume this is because I have the default XP drivers installed. Does anyone know if there is a ATI MMC that works with XP?

------------------
    He's baaaaacckkkkk!!!

[This message has been edited by Mogul (edited September 25, 2001).]

Don't know for sure but with my Radeon card the MMC7.1 for the TV Wonder card works but not the 7.1 that came with my AIW. The difference it the TV Wonder version is optimized for WDM drivers. Might be worth a try.

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Mogul

Cool

Okay, used the TV Wonder MMC and sure enough it worked. Thanks for the tip, Sowulo! Now all I need is an XP compatible Web Cam and I can scrap Windows ME for good.

------------------
    I'm back like Joe Isuzu!

doctormidnight

Hey, Mogul...i have the ATI All in Wonder 128 Pro and XP...I tried installing the MMC for the tv wonder, but every time i tried to, it told me that the driver did not match my hardware...and when i try to uninstall the card, it automatically detects it...so how do i get around this?? Thanks.

Doe it work with ATI TV Wonder VE PCI. I have make an upgrade from win2k and mmc7.1 and the picture is sort of scrambled. I donīt have ATI Graphic Card .

------------------
    Mr. B
    Mr. B

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Borut_P:
    Doe it work with ATI TV Wonder VE PCI. I have make an upgrade from win2k and mmc7.1 and the picture is sort of scrambled. I donīt have ATI Graphic Card .

</font>
    It is written specifically for the TV Wonder VE. BTW, do not load the newest Radeon Beta drivers for XP if you use MMC. The picture will go away. Thankfully, XP has a driver roll-back feature which worked beautifully.

------------------

Exclamation

MMC 7.1 it work under winXP BUT here come the trouble :
    I can not see any picture with higher resolutin than 800x600 16bit colour.
    I had to change from my working resolution to that resolutin to se not scrambeled picture.
    These is anoying becouse I liked to work and wotch telewision at the same time , but at these resolutions is imposible.

It might worked if i had a ATI grafic card but i have Nivida-s card.
    Do you think that beta drivers would solved the problem , that i have ?

------------------
    Mr. B
    Mr. B

J5PC

I have just bought the latest Driver disk from ATI, but cannot get the DVD Player or Multimedia Center to install in XP on a WinBook XL2 laptop with an ATI Rage LT Pro 4MB graphics chipset.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can install them.

T.I.A.

John

Update !

It doesn`t run from first. but switchig to lover colour depth or back between them makes the pictur to come back.
    It work in 16 & 32 bit colour deph.

------------------
    Mr. B
    Mr. B

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Borut_P:
    Update !

It doesn`t run from first. but switchig to lover colour depth or back between them makes the pictur to come back.
    It work in 16 & 32 bit colour deph.

</font>
    Good find!

------------------

joelen

i am using the AIW radeon, with the XP installed drivers, had no problems installing the ATI multimedia software- latest versions downloaded from ATI- did get a warning telling me that it was not compatible, but it still works fine. Make sure to install the DVD player update too- even if you don't have a DVD player- you'll need that for playing back any video you record....

------------------
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Irish Shark

If you check <a href="http://www.ati.com," target="_blank">www.ati.com,</a> they say that a DVD and Multimedia Center XP fix is on the way (as of 10/26/01). So the disk you bought probably does not contain the proper driver/program for WinXP.

[quote]Originally posted by J5PC:
    <strong>I have just bought the latest Driver disk from ATI, but cannot get the DVD Player or Multimedia Center to install in XP on a WinBook XL2 laptop with an ATI Rage LT Pro 4MB graphics chipset.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can install them.

T.I.A.

John</strong><hr></blockquote>

I too have a TV Wonder PCI with an nVidia card and am also suffering from the aforementioned scrambled picture. Toggling the color depth does seem to be an excellent workaround but I'll be quite happy to see a driver fix. I'm just really glad it wasn't just me!

What really ticks me off though, is that I had an e-mail exchange with ATI's tech support and flat out asked them if it was a known driver issue. They denied it of course. Why can't these people ever simply admit there's a problem and save us all the headaches of useless troubleshooting?
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

Ati Mmc 9.14

I downloaded this version to work with the Radeon All In Wonder 7500. Drivers work great, but MMC will not schedule recording no matter what I do. I have tried everything I can think of, and I even did a complete remove and went back to earlier versions with no joy.

So I bought a USB interface with software called TV Plus 3.0 and it worked great except for once a week recordings. After exploring the net, I found TV Plus 4.0 which works great.

It also can detect the ATI TV Tuner and it works just fine for scheduled recording. A little hard to program, but no worse than my old VCR.

So I am returning the USB interface and keeping the 4.0 software and now my 7500 does what it was supposed to do. Goodbye ATI software!

Cheers.