Exprecium alarm reciever

Thread: Exprecium alarm reciever

Exprecium alarm reciever

Set an alarm receiver PC up 6 months or so ago. No network or other applications just stand alone PC with an Exprecium 2 card and running Winsamm.

A problem that I had when I first set it up was that it would not show pop up dialog boxes. They were there I could use the keyboard and click ok but boxes were completely invisible. PC was at the time a brand new HP so I tried changing video resolution, color depth, updated drivers, and even tried increase decrease hardware acceleration. Still no dialog boxes. Ended up reformatting and did a clean install of XP pro and PC has ran without a hitch since.

Got called yesterday because the mouse was inching its way to the left across the screen. Not a slow steady pace but literally an inch at a time every couple of seconds. Until it hits the left side of the screen and then it starts down the screen until it disappears. It is an old ball mouse so I disconnected the ps2 mouse restarted the PC and tried a USB mouse, problem remained. Thought maybe the card had messed up and was causing a conflict. Checked device manager and all looked ok. Moved the card to a different pci slot and as soon as the drivers were installed problem returned immediately. Card did install as com4 verses com3 with a different IRQ but problem did return. Took the card out and installed in a Dell and again as soon as the drivers installed mouse began inching its way left.

Called the company’s tech support and we both agree that the card is bad. With a life safety test next Tuesday I had a new card overnight’d.

Day Two

Received the new card and installed it into the original PCI slot. Booted up windows and low and behold NOW there’s a right click menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen and the mouse cursor is in the lower left of the screen. With windows bouncing back and forth between the two. Can’t do anything on the PC their too busy bouncing back and forth.
    Called tech support and received updated drivers. Booted into safe mode and uninstalled the device in device manager and deleted the drivers. After another restart and installing the new drivers right back to the same thing.
    Now I’m thinking they have sent me a bad card. So I take the new card and install it into an old Compaq. As soon as the drivers are installed away it goes. Clicky clicky clicky.

I’m now convinced that I have 2 bad cards.

Looking back now I’m not sure why, but I decided to restore a ghost image of the alarm receiver pc from when I first set it up. Stuck the old card into the original slot and when windows loads Winsamm loads without a flaw.

Ok so I’m not the Mack Daddy of tech but, 3 different PC’s, 2 different cards, and the stupid thing runs off of a restored image? What am I missing?
    "I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire.

Exprecium alarm reciever

Set an alarm receiver PC up 6 months or so ago. No network or other applications just stand alone PC with an Exprecium 2 card and running Winsamm.

A problem that I had when I first set it up was that it would not show pop up dialog boxes. They were there I could use the keyboard and click ok but boxes were completely invisible. PC was at the time a brand new HP so I tried changing video resolution, color depth, updated drivers, and even tried increase decrease hardware acceleration. Still no dialog boxes. Ended up reformatting and did a clean install of XP pro and PC has ran without a hitch since.

Got called yesterday because the mouse was inching its way to the left across the screen. Not a slow steady pace but literally an inch at a time every couple of seconds. Until it hits the left side of the screen and then it starts down the screen until it disappears. It is an old ball mouse so I disconnected the ps2 mouse restarted the PC and tried a USB mouse, problem remained. Thought maybe the card had messed up and was causing a conflict. Checked device manager and all looked ok. Moved the card to a different pci slot and as soon as the drivers were installed problem returned immediately. Card did install as com4 verses com3 with a different IRQ but problem did return. Took the card out and installed in a Dell and again as soon as the drivers installed mouse began inching its way left.

Called the company’s tech support and we both agree that the card is bad. With a life safety test next Tuesday I had a new card overnight’d.

Day Two

Received the new card and installed it into the original PCI slot. Booted up windows and low and behold NOW there’s a right click menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen and the mouse cursor is in the lower left of the screen. With windows bouncing back and forth between the two. Can’t do anything on the PC their too busy bouncing back and forth.
    Called tech support and received updated drivers. Booted into safe mode and uninstalled the device in device manager and deleted the drivers. After another restart and installing the new drivers right back to the same thing.
    Now I’m thinking they have sent me a bad card. So I take the new card and install it into an old Compaq. As soon as the drivers are installed away it goes. Clicky clicky clicky.

I’m now convinced that I have 2 bad cards.

Looking back now I’m not sure why, but I decided to restore a ghost image of the alarm receiver pc from when I first set it up. Stuck the old card into the original slot and when windows loads Winsamm loads without a flaw.

Ok so I’m not the Mack Daddy of tech but, 3 different PC’s, 2 different cards, and the stupid thing runs off of a restored image? What am I missing?
    "I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire.

Driver versions I would say... possibly a driver supplied from windows update also...
    You would have to go through the drivers installed on the image that works (and the windows updates) and check against the one that doesn't. Having got a list of what's different, add each update one at a time until you get the behaviour to repeat...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Sorry NooNoo don’t remember clicking the post button twice.

Anyway, it’s a stand alone PC no network connection. All it does is collect bits of data from remote security systems via phone lines. The 911 operators occasionally acknowledge the alarms but since it has no connectivity, no games, it's pretty much ignored.

I thought maybe having the card unplugged over night but the manufacturer states that everything is backed up by a battery.

Thanks for the reply NooNoo but I have to admit I'm dumbfounded.

You posted two threads, I merged them and never got around to check to see if they were exact duplicates... I guess they are from what you said.

So no net connection, therefore no updates of any sort ever. So that leaves you with irqs and other resources to check...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Guess I need to remove my email addy. : (

zocipro @ WinDrivers Computer Tech Support Forums ([email protected])
    This message may be dangerous. Learn more
    Sent: Wed 10/15/08 1:30 AM
    To: ****@hotmail.com

------ KEEP YOUR SYSTEM RUNNING AT ITS BEST WITH WINDRIVERS -------Drivers, security updates, and more. https://ssl.internet.com/windrivers/...-------------- This is a message from zocipro at WinDrivers Computer Tech Support Forums ( http://forums.windrivers.com/index.php ). The WinDrivers Computer Tech Support Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email. To email zocipro, you can use this online form:http://forums.windrivers.com/sendmes...r&userid=76714 OR, by email:mailto:[email protected] This is the message: Hi friend,Do you can help me about WinSAMM software?I need some crack or something else as got problems with ours that we using at our monitoring software. Or maybe can give me some advises. If you can please contact me via messenger at zocipro at hotmail dot com.Thanks, -------------------------------------------------------------------WINDRIVERS.COM IS YOUR ONE-STOP SOURCE FOR DEVICE DRIVERS AND MOREQuit searching the Web for the drivers you need! WinDrivers.com hasa fully searchable database of device drivers, security updates,anti-spyware software, and more. https://ssl.internet.com/windrivers/...--------------

You can just elect not to be emailed by other members, you can't remove your email address as it's part of the identification for you.

What can be done is the person who sent you this can be banned... I am assuming that you don't know this member?

zocipro is now banned

Did you fix your alarm receiver pc?

PC is still running. Only thing I can figure is that someone did something to start some kind of service that hadnt ran before. Havn't had time to look at it and compare what service it may be, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for your help NOONOO

Anytime