Remote Software that allows control after reboot

Thread: Remote Software that allows control after reboot

Remote Software that allows control after reboot

Hey once again I'm asking about remote desktop software. I need to find one that allows me to reboot the system and let me log in with safe mode without having to call the client up to have them re-apply the remote access. I have heard of 2 but the people I talked to I can't get back in touch with. Basically I need one that allows for rebooting while maintaining control, administrative control, and a time log. It needs to be easy for them to install and easy for them to remove. The cheaper the better and one of the two I heard of was open source. If anyone has input please send a private message or reply here. I'm needing this so I can contract my work out to a company in the midwest.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Cool I'll test this out tonight and see how easy it is for someone computer illiterate to use. I'll let you all know what the results are and thanks NooNoo for the link
    One Script to find them.

Your welcome... I was pretty sure that some flavour of vnc would do it.. but I haven't used it myself.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

What sort of equipment are you connecting to?

Are they just desktop PC's or servers?

A couple options that you could look at would be an IP based KVM, this would give the KVM an IP and can work on ANY machine connected to that KVM using an application on your local machine.

If its a server, i'm aware of at least 2 vendors that offer remote access cards that allow you to control a server remotely just like if you were at the console. Dell has DRAC and HP have ILO. HP is just a license that needs to be activated, dell is a physical card that needs to be installed.

Most of my remote servers have these, i can turn ON a server remotely (so long as the network connection is up)
    "Knowledge belongs in the hands of the people"

It's going to be computers. It's all Adhoc as I am just fixing computers for a repair store but from another state. Basically I am outsourcing my abilities to my old boss so I can help alleviate the work load he has. Generally it's going to be home users and small businesses. I need something simple to use. Also NooNoo I talked to the people who make that software and they told me it's not suited for the needs I have after I described the situation to them. thanks for looking though. I will have to keep looking.
    One Script to find them.

Citrix's GoTo Assist.
    Logmein
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Thanks Matridom. I'm looking into the Citrix one. My other company I work for just got LogMeIn and aparantly you're limited to one computer at a time to connect to. Unless they have other options with their software that allow me to do multiple connections. I'm hoping Citrix gets back to me soon so I can test their software out and ask them about what my limitations are.
    One Script to find them.

Why would you want to control more than one desktop at a time? Kinda dangerous if you forget which desktop is which for a second!

I'm a bit used to fixing 2-3 computers at a time from when I was only in the shop for my first boss. It's more of a natural environment for me and I feel like I'm not wasting time when I have 3 at once. I scoff at those who claim I might have ADHD and how it's a weakness! HAHA for I have found a way to use it to my advantage!

By the way my personal office has 3 computers and a laptop at my disposal. I intend to use each computer for each connection. It's another way to keep track of things. Long ago I modified the shells to indicate terminals red blue and yellow so even if I get tunnel vision I know where I'm at.
    Last edited by Niclo Iste; October 11th, 2008 at 10:36 AM.
    One Script to find them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom View Post
    Citrix's GoTo Assist.
    Logmein
    OK Matridom you have a new buddy for life. Thanks for the Citrix suggestion. This pretty much fits my expectations and then impresses me with other functions I didn't think of but find great.
    One Script to find them.

"The labor's free, it's your attitude that costs $120.00 an hour."

BS:IT, CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:EA, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Project+, CIW