Asus A7A266 extra 2 USB ports?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asus A7A266 extra 2 USB ports?

Post Asus A7A266 extra 2 USB ports?

Hi, the asus A7A266 supports 6 USB ports (2 onboard and 2 cards with 2 USB ports each that connect to the motherboard with a small ribbon cable). In the box I only got on card with 2USB ports so I only have 4, are the 2 others supposed to be included? If not, where can I get them and how much do they cost?

I don't really need them now cause I only have 3 USB devices (Intel Wireless Base Station, HP PhotoSmart printer, Casio MP3 Player watch) but I want to know how to get the 2 other ports if I ever need them.

Thanks
    "[...] drug companies are killing far more Americans than all terrorists, murderers and criminals combined [...]" - NewsTarget.com

Originally posted by ClickHere2Surf.com:
    Hi, the asus A7A266 supports 6 USB ports (2 onboard and 2 cards with 2 USB ports each that connect to the motherboard with a small ribbon cable). In the box I only got on card with 2USB ports so I only have 4, are the 2 others supposed to be included? If not, where can I get them and how much do they cost?

I don't really need them now cause I only have 3 USB devices (Intel Wireless Base Station, HP PhotoSmart printer, Casio MP3 Player watch) but I want to know how to get the 2 other ports if I ever need them.

Thanks
    Go back to where you bought the board and complain.
    you'll get them if they were supposed to be included.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Smile

Mine came with just one card also
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

Originally posted by Sandwich:
    That could be the reason you didn't get them all "Clickhere" maybe you weren't suposed to get 6.
    read the Fine print again.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

All of our stock came with 1 add on....All we use is ASUS....
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

So where can u get an extra card for the 2 other USB ports?

Thanks
    "[...] drug companies are killing far more Americans than all terrorists, murderers and criminals combined [...]" - NewsTarget.com

You can puchase one @ your local shop or Best buy or Frys......
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

So where can u get an extra card for the 2 other USB ports?

Thanks
    A good card is about 20 bucks and takes up an expansion slot. I would pay a few bucks extra and go for a hub. That way that slot is available if you need it down the road.

Originally posted by Sandwich:
    The ones my shop sold did not come with the card. I asked our distributer and they said that card was optional and they chose to get the ones that did not ship with the card to save a few bucks.

Originally posted by Larommi:

A good card is about 20 bucks and takes up an expansion slot. I would pay a few bucks extra and go for a hub. That way that slot is available if you need it down the road.
    Yes, never seen more than one extra connector for two more ports. I'd rather go with the USB Hub option as well...
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Originally posted by Larommi:

No it does NOT use an expansion slot because it connects to a USB connector on the motherboard with a flat ribbon cable.

No it does NOT use an expansion slot because it connects to a USB connector on the motherboard with a flat ribbon cable.
    But it still has a bracket that has to attach to the case where any card in one of the expansion slots would need to go, thus that slot would be essentially useless.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Does the motherboard have an i Panel pin out header. If it does this is where the extra two usb ports come from. Problem is you have to buy the i panel to get them.

Originally posted by Sowulo:

But it still has a bracket that has to attach to the case where any card in one of the expansion slots would need to go, thus that slot would be essentially useless.
    My current USB card is in a bracket that isnt in front of a slot, but I think it's the only one that doesnt have a slot in front. Anyway my case has USB ports in front so I could connect them to the 2 USB card and leave the card somewhere in the case where it isn't in the way of anything.

I have the A7A266 as well and yes it does support the I-Panel. This is just the first picture I could find of it. You could also find some reviews of it. At lest it wouldn't take up a Card Slot, if you can spare a 5 1/4.
    Computers Don't Get Mad When You Buy Computer Magazines!