I have seen a doo-hicky at Fry's that fits in a 5-1/4" bay and has 2 USB ports and a 3-1/2" bay. So if you have a tape, Zip, or extra hard drive, you can forgo the usual adapter and use this instead.

I've also seen a smaller cable that can be attached to one of the punch-out holes on the back of most cases (the kind that were used for serial or parallel ports on older boards). These are also available at Fry's or most Mom-and-Pop computer shops. I think even CompUSA has them. Belkin USB Motherboard Cable You can unscrew the individual ports from the plate and attach them to the serial punch-outs on the back of most cases.

Having just installed one of these boards, here's how it works:

There are two ports built onto the board and then there are an additional two pairs of headers on the motherboard. The motherboard normally comes with a breakout board that fits into any open slot on the case, and connects via cable to one of the two pairs of headers. This gives you 2 more ports. To get the remaining 2 ports, you must either purchase another breakout board, an iPanel, or a third party USB connector, like the ones I described above.