Powerpoint PDF conversion and Printing Errors

Thread: Powerpoint PDF conversion and Printing Errors

Powerpoint PDF conversion and Printing Errors

When printing a powerpoint file (poster sized) or pdf file made directly from powerpoint file, these errors occur with great frequency.
    - Diagonal Line appears through bounding boxes, generally inserted graphs, but certainly not limited to graph or jpegs images. I have seen these diagonal lines appear through text boxes that were created in powerpoint.
    - Diagonal lines seem to be limited to "boxes" with visible borders, and only appear on the printed poster, not viewable in file on screen.
    - Happens regardless of operating system, windows or mac.

The only fix i can perform is to create the pdf, rasterize the pdf in photoshop, save as a jpeg, then print the jpeg as either a pdf or from photoshop. The rip is about 10 times longer this way, as well as the prep time. What could possibly cause this error? How do i anticipate, how do i fix, what instructions to avoid?

Welcome to Windrivers sbaden

I assume these lines don't appear on the original slide... so it must happen in the pdf conversion. What are you using to create the pdf?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I do have to say that I am not personally doing the conversion... which is my main problem. I am the printer, and can't police everyone making their own pdf's.
    As a general rule, they are using the pdf converter that is in powerpoint, most dont have Acrobat Pro, so they rely on the automatic settings (ie.. typical, high quality...) within powerpoint's converter.

So this could be Powerpoint 2003 or 2007 and anybodies guess which plugin they are using?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I'm pretty sure powerpoint 2007 is the version used 99% of the time that I'm seeing these lines through the boxes.

I can't find anyone else with a similar problem.... have you tried creating the problem for yourself? Or got the original powerpoint slide?

I have tried, I can't recreate the problem. Any theories?

Did you get the original powerpoint slide that is causing the problem?

Try printing the PPT deck to a different PDF writer.

The Acrobat Std and Pro versions have the most options and generally, but not always, do the best job.

A free one that I have used with great success is PDF Creator: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=57796

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!