PC Keeps Rebooting / Virus? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC Keeps Rebooting / Virus?

me again - did all that you said - my pc boots and works in "normal" mode now - great!

but that doesnt mean I am secure that it is clean for me to go forward. so I ran hijackthis again and posted (above).

I dont have any working copy of macafee - even though you mentioned it so I dont know what to do about that.... I try and use my aol (free) stuff

can you look at the hijackthis rpt above again? and let me know what you think?

thanks so much

Kris

well I know I posted after I posted the 2nd hijackthis report - dont know where it went

anyways - ran all that you suggested. It seems to be working a little scared. so I ran hijackthis again and posted (above) for you to look at again.

also I dont have (or know I have) macafee - so what do I do to find it?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isuckatthis View Post
    lol - no wonder it wouldnt work is right! I am doing the A Squared now and will go from there. Thanks.

Active X - those are bad? You go to a site - like A-Sq and a little bar at the top pops up I have to click that says install activex controls.... and you "have" to so you can use it... those are bad?
    Activex is just a technology but it depends how it's used. If you get an activex request on a known good antivirus site or windows update at microsoft you can be pretty sure it's good. On less salubrious sites it can be dangerous.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Aol offers Macafee but it is NOT free - check your AOL bill they just add it.

Stuff you need to Fix with hijackthis in safemode
    4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Qpyosck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\??curity\arpa.exe

Did you use Computer Associates Antivirus? C:\Program Files\CA\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe is in the wrong place as well and should be uninstalled.

Not needed so can be fixed with hijackthis

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1145825361\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminder.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk = ?

Other stuff...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1145825361\ee\services\safetyCore\ver210 _5_2_1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe

Possibly nasty! According to our database this process runs normally in c:\.*aol\.*antispywareapp.*\! Check if you know this process and arrange a viruscheck where required. AOL AntiSpyware

C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\antivirus\oasclnt.exe

Possibly nasty! According to our database this process runs normally in c:\programme\mcafee.com\vso\! Check if you know this process and arrange a viruscheck where required. McAfee virus scan client service

C:\Program Files\mcafee.com\antivirus\mcvsescn.exe

Possibly nasty! According to our database this process runs normally in c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\! Check if you know this process and arrange a viruscheck where required.

You may need to uninstall it and reinstall to see if it goes back in the same place.

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jucheck.exe - Your java is wayyyyyyy out of date.

Everything under 016 isn't really necessary - these are activex controls you have installed in the past. I suggest you fix them all and then renew the ones you want like windows update.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

everything under 016 - 16 AND ALL BELOW? OR JUST IN THE 016 GROUP? OR 016 018 AND 023?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Just the 016 group.

You have a quite a bit starting up that you don't need to start, but if you are happy with the start up time you can ignore that.