Media Player problem

Thread: Media Player problem

Question Media Player problem

I have installed Media Player 11. I am using windows XP & I am having particular problem with one site.
    http://www.happybirthdaytoyou.com/ma...=&advertising=

I cannot hear any sounds. The site blame media player. When I right click on the play arrow I can find an error msg which reads "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet. If the file is located on a removable storage card, insert the storage card." I am connected. When I try to access on-line help on this message, nothing happens. This is my default player & everything else works with it. What can I do? Have tried in Firefox & IE & the same thing happens.

It's them, I get the same problem. If you extract the source of the media file by right clicking on the player and selecting properties you get http://happybirthdaytoyou.com/exampl...ogbandauto.wma
    Then move up the directory levels and you get
    http://happybirthdaytoyou.com/examples/
    And as you can see no frogbandauto.wma file exists.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Smile

Thank you. Glad it's not me. I actually sent a card to my brother through them & all I keep getting from their support is re-install media player, it must be corrupt! I checked the properties of the card I sent and as you say, it's 0 length & just a dash in all the other boxes. I've now sent this off to them & await a reply. It's so frustrating as I used their site last year & it was great.

Chrismas

Hmm plays for me.

Well. Got a reply from them as follows:
    Can I first of all say that it's a bit sily asking a bunch of strangers for help rather than us? If you updated and had difficulty, all you needed to do was let me know. With respect, this is not something that should cause you such time or effort and we've been helping people for over 10 years. We know that there is no problem with our site because we have been in business for over 10 years and we get hundreds of thousands of visitors every week. So really, we're starting from a better place than the chaps in the forum when it comes to helping you!

And, to make matters worse, you put an incorrect URL in your question to the forum...so whatever they said relates to your error and not to the actual issue. No one could possibly hear anything using the URL that you gave.

Is that the URL that you are trying to access? If so, why? Is this where your problem lies?

I didn't. I assume it was edited by the overseers of this site. How condescending can you get. Thanks to noo noo I have now discovered a way to hear the music, although not satisfactory. t34b4g5, what set up options do you have for media player?

Nothing like good customer service... and that was NOTHING like good customer service.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismas View Post
    t34b4g5, what set up options do you have for media player?
    Nothing special i just have klite mega codec pack installed.

And i just snooped around the site's directory's and just grabbed the needed media file downloaded it and played it.

So where is frogbandauto.wmv teabags?

All the files in the example directory play fine...the file he wanted, doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post

All the files in the example directory play fine...the file he wanted, doesn't exist.
    Yup they must have replaced something since the URL was generated... now the URL points to the wrong stuff.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post

For one you don't want the .wmv file you want the actual flash file..

witch would be this http://www.happybirthdaytoyou.com/frogband.swf

also the directory that you pointed out NoNo the files are only 656Kb with means they are not the actual music files.

let me know witch music file you want and i'll grab it and upload it someplace for yah.

See you have to select the flash video that you want, then choose a style of music you then go to this page: http://www.happybirthdaytoyou.com/next.php
    and they will add the music to the flash video with the person's name in the song.

Oh the flash works fine... his query was why the embedded player didn't work... answer, it was pointed at the wrong file.