How to restrict and "unrestrict" access to the internet

Thread: How to restrict and "unrestrict" access to the internet

How to restrict and "unrestrict" access to the internet

In my job there are 6 Computers. 3 of them can access the internet ONLY to the website that services our accounts; they cannot go to yahoo, msn, youtube or anything else. The other three can go to any website. Right now the website that we use for our accounts is temporarlly moved to another address so the 3 computers that have restricted access to the internet cannot log in to it. The network admin. is not available but he gave me administrator rights. How can I "unrestrict" so to speak those computers so that they can log in to our site?
    Also I keep getting these messages every time my browser refreshes or changes:

A Runtime error has occurred
    Do you wish to debug?
    Line xxx
    The pagetracker is undefined

What is it?

This could be a very long guessing game

It could be a group policy restriction that is preventing the machines getting to the internet
    Or 3rd party software
    Or proxy server

As to your error message, you should simply turn it off in internet explorer because that is an error on a particular web page which you cannot fix.

Go to tools, internet options, advanced tab, check the boxes to disable script debugging and uncheck the box to display every error
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You can use the Microsoft Script Debugger for IE to debug the script and see exactly where it fails, provided that you have some programming skills. Otherwise you might have the same luck inquiring a crystal ball...
    My guess is that there are some hardcoded values in a Javascript or VB script on the page that no longer match.
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

I know what it was, but I would like some feed back.

It just so happened that after Hurricane Ike stroke Houston, our location was flooded and we had to move. During the moving I learned what it was. I found that in our office we have IP addresses forced, I mean:
    Local Area Connections 4 Properties>Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)>Properties

Use the following IP Address
    IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Subnet mask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Default gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Use the following DNS server addresses
    Preferred DNS server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Alternate DNS server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

So those computers that have internet access have the DNS Server address set correctly, those who could ONLY access our website but not the internet, have the DNS addresses cleared out, the boxes were empty. All I had to do was copy the numbers from one computer with internet access to another one withou it. Voilá. Internet appeared.