Hi there,

I have a problem with my ASUS M2400N Laptop.

1. Cannot connect to the Internet
I have no idea how this happens. I have Googling for like 3-5 days, but still no result.
The M2400N ASUS laptop has the Intel Pro Wireless 2100 LAN 3B PCI Adapter.
Version of driver is 1.2.1.1 or 1.2.4.7 something.

The situation is
It can detect the Wireless network in this house, but it cant connect to the wireless.
The 'View Available Network' window sometimes says that is it Connected, but sometimes it's Not Connected with the yellow star next to it.

When I repair the connection it is stuck at the 'Connecting to the wireless network'.
Something like "Windows could not finish: Connecting to the wireless network' error thing.

Whenever I check the Services.msc, the Spectrum24 Event Monitor Service could not be started.
Thus, the RoamMgr is also not started.

In addition, when I check the Administrative Tools>Event Viewer, I notice that Spectrum24 Event Monitor (s24evmon.exe) cannot start because 's24trans' is missing or so. And it's really missing in the regedit, compared to this ASUS laptop that I'm using to post this message.

I'm really tired of reinstalling, uninstalling Intel Proset both driver and hardware and also ATK Utility, as well as googling for days and such.

There is no Recovery CD for that problematic laptop.
I have tried applying my M6000N series recovery CD to it (as both laptop has same Internet PCI Adapter), but it is still giving the same 'Not Connected' error thing as explained above.

I need help in this.

Please help.. I beg of you.
Formatting is not an option here as the laptop is not mine and it's used for business matter.

2. ASUS laptop usually comes with keyboard with Fn button.
So that:
Fn + F2 = Wireless On/Off
Fn + F1 = Hibernate
Fn + F5 = Brightness On (along with brightness display bar)
Fn + F6 = Brightness Off (along with brightness display bar)
Fn + F10 = Volume On (along with volume display bar)
Fn + F11 = Volume Off (along with volume display bar)

The problem is now the display bar doesnt appear anymore.
Although display bar is gone, but brightness is still working, but now with the volume.
Thus the laptop is now volumeless.

I suspect that this problem is somehow related to the first problem.
Compared to the first problem, I consider this as minor problem.
Need help with the first Internet connection problem.

Kind regard,
R