--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay first thing first I know here's my belarc report information

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S800-MX Rev 2.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1002.003 09/01/2004

2.93 gigahertz Intel Celeron
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Multimedia Audio Controller

I just reloaded my computer today and my usb soundcard quit working so I've been trying to get the onboard audio to work all day. I've went to Asus website downloaded my driver from the P4S800-MX SE it's a realtek ALC655 according to them but I've also tried about 6 or 7 different Realtek drivers and 2 different Soundmax drivers just in case it was that but they never even start loading. What happens with every single one of Realtek new or old is it gets to the end of the installation and reboots my computer, I'm at a total lost with this thing. I've tried manually doing it when it asks for the CD by just telling it where the each extracted file that it asks for is at but still the same result.

I finally Starting Getting somewhere at least with this driver ftp://ftp.albatron.com.tw/product/it....8 6_2KXP.zip somone told me to try but I tried that driver it went all the way through the install and told me to reboot me my computer (it felt good to finally be told to reboot it for once) and then it came back up and windows found the Realtek Ac '97 where it's only been finding the Multimedia Audio Contronller I clicked on that for windows to continue the installation process and it asked for the Realtek CD so I don't have that so I just used this new drivers file and where as the manual way had got all the way through to the end with this driver the installer wanted me to find the ALCXWDM.Sys File and When I Told it where that file was it looked for it then click it rebooted my system so now i'm beginning to wonder if it's not a driver problem but a windows problem not sure but thanks in advance for any help.