Problem With Realtek Ac '97

Thread: Problem With Realtek Ac '97

Hybrid View

Problem With Realtek Ac '97

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay first thing first I know here's my belarc report information

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S800-MX Rev 2.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1002.003 09/01/2004

2.93 gigahertz Intel Celeron
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Multimedia Audio Controller

I just reloaded my computer today and my usb soundcard quit working so I've been trying to get the onboard audio to work all day. I've went to Asus website downloaded my driver from the P4S800-MX SE it's a realtek ALC655 according to them but I've also tried about 6 or 7 different Realtek drivers and 2 different Soundmax drivers just in case it was that but they never even start loading. What happens with every single one of Realtek new or old is it gets to the end of the installation and reboots my computer, I'm at a total lost with this thing. I've tried manually doing it when it asks for the CD by just telling it where the each extracted file that it asks for is at but still the same result.

I finally Starting Getting somewhere at least with this driver ftp://ftp.albatron.com.tw/product/it....8 6_2KXP.zip somone told me to try but I tried that driver it went all the way through the install and told me to reboot me my computer (it felt good to finally be told to reboot it for once) and then it came back up and windows found the Realtek Ac '97 where it's only been finding the Multimedia Audio Contronller I clicked on that for windows to continue the installation process and it asked for the Realtek CD so I don't have that so I just used this new drivers file and where as the manual way had got all the way through to the end with this driver the installer wanted me to find the ALCXWDM.Sys File and When I Told it where that file was it looked for it then click it rebooted my system so now i'm beginning to wonder if it's not a driver problem but a windows problem not sure but thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to Windrivers kap7

I have removed your two duplicate threads... it does say that your post won't appear immediately!

However, to your problem. What service pack level is your installation now at? Have you done all the windows updates?

The problem may be in part due to the fact that you installed so many drivers and you now have a nice minestrone soup!

Do all your windows updates first - all the way to service pack 3 then post again.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Still not working

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) I completely updated my computer all the way up to the Service Pack 3 and uninstalled all my audio drivers then restarted and tried to install the only one that has even got through the initial stages and it did the same thing did the maintenace to prepare for installation told me to restart then i restarted and when I selected the ALCXWDM.Sys File from the file it restarted my computer. Is just fried or what could it be. I checked the bios and the bios state that it's enabled but i don't understand why it won't work.

The correct drivers for your motherboard are SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3665 WHQL for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP available here

Boot to safe mode and UNINSTALL any sound software from add/remove programs then look in device manager for ac97 sound entry (don't delete other codecs). Uninstall the ac97 codec. Reboot to normal mode. When the hardware wizard comes up, ignore it. Double click the file you downloaded from Asus, and run the setup.

What happens?

What is the model of the usb soundcard?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Nah It is Asus P4S800 MX - SE realtek http://support.asus.com/download/dow...odel=P4S800-MX SE&os=17&SLanguage=en-us I wish it was Soundmax though it's listening to and my music right now the bios in setup say an onboard AC 97 Device when I checked if it was enabled and windows recognizes it as a Realtek '97 when it starts the install but it's just that file I copied the error it creates after it reboots so maybe that will help

Problem caused by Windows (R) WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS)

This problem was caused by Windows (R) WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS), which was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp.. There is no solution for this problem at this time.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For support information and product updates, Realtek Semiconductor Corp. recommends that you go online to the following website:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

I don't know what the problem is with it I miss my other one so much it was just a straightfoward usb soundcard and i had no problems with it until yesterday it's a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX it just stop working and all three lights were dimmly flashing every few seconds so i guess it's just ran it's course but I'm almost ready to just order a new one and move on because it's so fustrating.

OK now I am completely confused. What exactly is the problem. The creative usb nx or your onboard sound?

kap7, did you download and install the drivers from Asus site? You have to go through a few menu levels to get to the drivers NooNoo posted, but it's really just a matter of a few mouse clicks. If you're having a problem with that driver, you could try this one. It's newer, but it's also a generic driver that wasn't written specifically for your board. Worth a try though.